L749 Connie Copilot Voice

beroun

Hi,

this one is probably for Tom.

Got his great classic Connie, a real pleasure to fly. Also like the co-pilots voice announcing flap position, gear and rotate command. I also got some DC4,6 and 7s and would like to have the same co-pilots voice commands there. Any help in installing these to my other props would be much appreciated. (Note that I am familiar with the gauge installs +++)

MANY thanks,

Peter

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

Hi,

Unfortunately they are not directly compatible with the typical procedures of the DC's. Also, the gauge coding of the Connies (done by others) is very complex and would take a lot of time to decode.

If you would like to try out a voice/checklist addon for the Convair 340, I did a beta for one.

http://calclassic.proboards.com/thread/8761/convair-checklist-beta-test-available

But I didn't have much positive feedback and put it and adding to the DC's on the back burner. I might start that project up again if I get motivated some day.

Hope this helps,

Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

Thanks Tom,

I thought, there might be gauge entry pointing to SP_L1649A file in the FS voice file to trigger the Connie calls elsewhere. But I guess I will leave the Connie calls with Connie, where they belong and use the Vspeed voice file for the rest of my props. It requires a gauge entry:

gauge62=rcb-gauges!Vspeed_b752, 0,0,15,10

gauge63=Vspeed_Sound!dsd_xml_sound3, 0,0,,, ./sound/Vspeed/Sound.ini

and works quite well (80kt call then V1,Vr,V2 and Gear up). Got it on few aircraft already.

Thanks again,

Best Regards,

Peter

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

Archived