adding a pay ware scenery without having fsx-acceleration

sagamol

I had to wipe my computer clean, and start from scratch with FSX. I only had this computer a few weeks. I had a issue with the acceleration activation the last time where it skipped over the activation screen to enter the serial number. someone told me to go in the registry and change the partmgr to PartMgr in the registry entry. it created a problem where windows 10 did some additional partition stuff that eventually crashed my computer. I was therefor wondering if you have to have acceleration installed in oder to , lets say add ORBX sceneries. I don't fly the missions and the additional planes from acceleration anyways.

Windows10 64bit

GeForce GTX 1060

Seagate Hard Drive 1 TB, 750 W Powersply

CPU I7-7700 3.6 GHZ 8 GB RAM

I had to wipe my computer clean, and start from scratch with FSX. I only had this computer a few weeks. I had a issue with the acceleration activation the last time where it skipped over the activation screen to enter the serial number. someone told me to go in the registry and change the partmgr to PartMgr in the registry entry. it created a problem where windows 10 did some additional partition stuff that eventually crashed my computer. I was therefor wondering if you have to have acceleration installed in oder to , lets say add ORBX sceneries. I don't fly the missions and the additional planes from acceleration anyways.

SP1 and SP2 should be enough, unless the addon specifically uses features from the Acceleration feature set.

.......someone told me to go in the registry and change the partmgr to PartMgr in the registry entry. it created a problem where windows 10 did some additional partition stuff that eventually crashed my computer.......

Prior to seeing this thread I have just posted a reply in your 'quick question' thread about your Accel problem and the PartMgr entry......

If you made the changes to the instruction regarding PartMgr in the correct specified location it would have only affected FSX and the Accel activation process.

It has nothing to do with 'other partition stuff' or, indeed, with any form of 'physical' or 'virtual' partitioning whatsoever. In this particular instance the PartMgr instruction is used to denote/append an addition 'part' to the original installed software registry key only.

Therefore, it is very likely that your computer 'crash' was the result of something else and not even FSX related.

Regards

Brian

thank you Brian. I have since got everything working again after a fresh re-install of FSX Steam and Plan-G and one of the ORBX sceneries. it seems to work ok. the limit windows 10 is putting on the virtual memory is what I am monitoring right now. yesterday my flight in a pay ware aircraft in the Orbx scenery lasted about 15 minutes before I ran out of Vert.Memory. I since added the HIGHMEMFIX=1 line to my CFG under the Graphics header. so far so good. thank you for your help

Windows10 64bit

GeForce GTX 1060

Seagate Hard Drive 1 TB, 750 W Powersply

CPU I7-7700 3.6 GHZ 8 GB RAM

thank you Brian. I have since got everything working again after a fresh re-install of FSX Steam and Plan-G and one of the ORBX sceneries. it seems to work ok. the limit windows 10 is putting on the virtual memory is what I am monitoring right now. yesterday my flight in a pay ware aircraft in the Orbx scenery lasted about 15 minutes before I ran out of Vert.Memory. I since added the HIGHMEMFIX=1 line to my CFG under the Graphics header. so far so good. thank you for your help

Windows 10 is NOT `putting on the virtual memory` limit. FSX in ALL its flavours remains a 32-bit application and the most memory that can be used is about 3.2 gig of the 4 gig 32-bit memory limit.

The HighMemFix does NOT alter that amount in any way, it simply optimises certain textures and their use of it.

If you have 64-bit architecture and want to use a 64-bit sim, FSX is not it.

Archived