Screen resolution & Windows Explorer issues - FSX-SE

Rusty Gunz

Am posting this here and on Steam site, sometimes response there is dubious, though.

First, some background information (and I apologize in advance for the length of my post) –

I installed an update to GSX about three weeks ago. When I restarted FSX-SE, I noticed that the splash screen was about four times as large as it normally is, i.e. the resolution appeared to be incorrect – lower rather than higher.

Things have gone downhill since then. Every time I switched from full screen mode to windowed mode, the screen resolution changed. Full screen mode was the resolution that I normally saw – 1920x1080. I’m not even sure what the resolution is for windowed mode, but it is definitely much lower.

I am using two monitors of differening sizes and resolutions, however the disparity in resolutions between full vs. windowed modes was never a problem prior to the GSX update.

I don’t want this to devolve into a GSX-bashing session although I was not able to get much in the way of useful information from their support site. I am not blaming GSX (at least not at this point)!

I struggled with this for a number of days without any success at all. Both of my monitors have entries in the .cfg file and they are correct. When I look at resolution using the in-game options, it shows correctly as 1920x1080.

The second monitor’s resolution is 1680x1050. I use it to drag different gauges/windows for use during a flight. That also was working without problems.

Full or windowed mode always appeared at the 1920x1080 resolution prior to the start of this issue.

After lengthy research, trial and error, I decided to “start over”. I uninstalled GSX, Orbx, and FreeMesh X. I then restored my system drive (C:) using a copy that I had backed up prior to the installation of FSX-SE. Unfortunately (stupidity on my part), I neglected to uninstall FSX-SE before restoring the system drive. At that point, I had no choice but to manually remove the directory where I had FSX-SE (my G: drive) and re-install the software.

After re-installing FSX-SE, I started it to see if my resolution problem had been corrected. No such luck – resolution difference between full screen and windowed was still present and now a new issue arose. Many times when I start FSX-SE it will appear to be loading for some time and then “stop responding”. At that point I have to use the Task Manager to “end the process” and start it again. Starting it the second time allows it to proceed – to a point – at some stage of the start-up, I get a Windows 7 error message – “Windows Explorer has stopped working”, nothing else will continue until I restart Windows Explorer from the error message window.

OK, I attempted to move forward reinstalling FreeMesh X and Orbx, checking after each installation to see if anything had changed. Nothing changed, I still got the same resolution issues and Windows errors as stated above.

Once I get past the Windows Explorer restart, the program starts and runs fine – in full screen mode. If, however, I try to switch modes a couple of times, I either get another stoppage of Windows Explorer or the system just freezes and I have to reboot. Sometimes, I can start Task Manager and end the process, but the whole circus starts again if I try to re-run FSX-SE.

Can anyone offer suggestions or point me to information that may help to resolve these issues? I will be happy to post additional information as I’m sure there may be questions about my process that I have not provided answers for yet.

Thanks for your interest and assistance.

Rusty Gunz - been simming since the Apple II+ and Sublogic

"Any landing you can walk away from is a good one"

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming : i7-9700K auto OC : 32GB RAM : Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070S 8GB

CoolerMaster 750W PS : Fractal Design Focus G case-6 fans : 5 SSD's (3-1TB, 2-500GB) : Saitek X52 Pro controllers

Vizio 40" 4K HDR monitor : Windows 11 Home 64 bit

Wow! First time ever that I have not had at least one response to a post. Over 120 views and not one comment. I guess this issue is a stumper.

Oh well, I'll keep checking back to see if some brave soul has a opinion - any opinion.

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming : i7-9700K auto OC : 32GB RAM : Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070S 8GB

CoolerMaster 750W PS : Fractal Design Focus G case-6 fans : 5 SSD's (3-1TB, 2-500GB) : Saitek X52 Pro controllers

Rusty - You have my sympathy, because I too, have been having problems with Windows Explorer for the past 6-8 weeks! I thought I would purchase an external hard drive to create an image backup to protect me in the event the hardrive/computer failed. I did not want to lose all the work and effort that I had put into FSX with add-ons and where my computer is today! In setting up the external drive, I had to change the priorities of boot sequence, floppy first, and then the internal drive to follow. That's about the time I started having problems! I am not blaming the problems on the external drive or the boot priorities, but what changed the computer in the process of setting up this system, something went astray! I never received a Windows error message about Windows explorer going down, my "explorer.exe" just dropped off the start-up. Last time I lost Windows Explorer, I couldn't even start it with Task Manager, using new task, and then entering "explorer.exe" , I found another article that said to type "cmd" in the new task, and once that screen opened, type "explorer.exe," and thank goodness my desktop came back and I was able to get back on the computer!

You say you restored your system drive "C". I don't know how you did that, a system restore function, re-format the drive and Windows or some other way? In all the articles I have read, and there have been many, I keep hearing about updates, virus', fragmented hardrives, registry errors and I have to say, it becomes very mind boggling when you can't find a fix. I tried everything, computer was working for several weeks and just last week, Window explorer went down again!

In all this time, a few things that have helped my computer is I purchased software, CCleaner, after reading several rave reviews of this product for cleaning up the registry as recommended by others! What did I have to lose? Continue to run the virus scans, even the scans that Microsoft offers. Just recently I went into msconfig and reconfigured the Startup and Services. Under services I followed the procedure to check the Hide all Microsoft services box, and then click disable all. You'd be surprised how settings can change with new software and changes to settings. Be more aware of what Windows updates either automatically or you manually updating. It's a whole mess, for sure, to have to go thru this. My Windows 7 is jointly used by myself and my wife. She has her separate side of the system, I have mine, and thank god, her side has managed to stay up and running for the most part. Only a couple times did her side of the computer go down for start-up.

Anyway, I am not a computer guru by any means, wished I was at times! I saw your plea for help and not getting much in the way of replies. If none of this helps you, I at least wanted you to feel like you are not the only one that has these problems! I wish you luck in finding your fix! Another thing, I heard a lot, determine when all this started and work close to what you were doing around that time. Sounds like you have done that from your post! Sounds to me like GSX has corrupted something on the Windows side of your system!

Keep us posted if you find anything. If I can think of anything I have read or tried, I will post back!

Rick

Do you mean full screen the monitor runs at 1920, and when fsx is running windowed, the monitor runs at lower resolution??

Try setting windows resolution the same as fsx resolution. 1920 if the monitor has that as native resolution.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Close fsx

delete your fsx.cfg to fsx_180428_faulty.cfg

(180428_faulty = date + description)

then start fsx. A new file fsx.cfg will get created.

(Your current one probably has three or four monitor sections, not just 2)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Close fsx

delete your fsx.cfg to fsx_180428_faulty.cfg

(180428_faulty = date + description)

then start fsx. A new file fsx.cfg will get created.

(Your current one probably has three or four monitor sections, not just 2)

Before you re-launch FSX re-start your computer.

Downwind - sent you a PM and will await your reply.

Top Gun - the phrase "different resolutions" is, perhaps, not the best description. I discovered (while capturing screen images to make available if necessary) that the resolution is apparently the same for both modes - 1920x1080. The difference is the font sizes and the pop-up window sizes. They are much larger in windowed mode than they are in full screen mode. This is NOT the case in FSX-BE, only in FSX-SE. Checked the .cfg VERY carefully - there are only two monitor entries, one for the 1920x1080 and one for the 1680x1050.

I did, all the same however, rename the .cfg (at least, that's what I think you meant for me to do), reboot the PC and start FSX-SE. The results are the same so I still have the problems switching from one mode to the other or using Alt-Tab to access other running applications. (Windows Explorer does seem to be behaving properly, though. I guess that's a plus.)

I'm thinking at this point that I should uninstall Orbx, Freemesh X and then FSX-SE followed by a re-installation of all checking, of course, after each re-install to see what, if anything, has improved.

I appreciate the responses I have had so far.

Yes, I meant rename. Well spotted.

Show 2 screenshots maybe. One of fullscreen. One of windowed.

I do know that dragging a panel from one monitor to the other will change it's (relative) size. As it moves to a different resolution monitor.

When you go to Windowed, do panels move to the other monitor?

And after going to windowed, what monitor is everything on?

It's been a while since I used two monitors. They were different sized too.

I remember different sizes was a pain to work with. I ended up using fsx Windowed on one monitor only. I used the second monitor only for other programs during online flying. I kept the fsx panels on the main monitor.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

At this point I would not be concerned with FSX and all the programs you are trying to install to enhance it. Rather, get your computer back to a normal state. The problems you are having with windows explorer should not be connected to FSX. Once you have the computer back get some good knowledge of screen resolution (look into "Display Fusion").

There is nothing wrong with the programs you mentioned. The one particular "GSX" is a very good program. It takes some to get installed correctly. Follow the instructions to a T. And then learn how to properly set it up.

Some more info about your computer would be helpful. Mainly your GPU.

GPU: GeForce GTX 1080

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K CPU@4.2GHz

Memory: 16.00GB Ram

Resolution: 3840 x 2160, 30Hz Seiki 39†Monitor

Operating System: Windows 10 Home Edition

Egsjr1956, I PM-ed you with what I hope will be a useful response without making a lengthy post here. Hope to hear from you.

Top Gun - Below are the FSX-SE screen shots. Hopefully the captions are self-explanatory. I did not include the identical shots from FSX-BE as there are no differences between full screen and windowed. You can readily see the font and pop-up window size differences.

Full Screen Mode #1

FSX-SE_FullScreen-1.jpg

Full Screen Mode #2

FSX-SE_FullScreen-2.jpg

Windowed Mode #1

FSX-SE_Windowed-1.jpg

Windowed Mode #2

FSX-SE_Windowed-2.jpg

Regarding your comments/questions:

1. Yes, my panels also change (relative) size when being dragged from larger to smaller monitor and vice versa.

2. In windowed mode panels can be dragged to either monitor. The same is true in full screen mode.

3. After going to windowed mode, everything is wherever I have put/dragged it. In my instance, the "main" FSX panel is on the large monitor and any gauges/panels I have moved are on the smaller monitor. If I go back to full screen mode, everything moves from the small monitor to the large.

4. It took me a couple of hours to learn how to use the multiple monitor setup the way I wanted it to work, but everything worked just great right up to the time I did the GSX update and all of the issues I detailed in my original post appeared.

In his post Egsjr1956 requested computer info, so I will post it for all.

I am running Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium on a PC that I built. Specs - MSI Z87-G45 mobo, Core i5-4670 oc-ed to 3.40 GHz, 8 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti w/2GB RAM.

Many thanks, again, for all who have taken the time to help me thus far.

Ken

From your screenies, Windowed mode is a lower resolution than Full Screen mode.

This indicates that the resolution set in FSX is higher than your Desktop resolution.

All of those settings should match your monitor's native resolution.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

StringBean,

Thanks for the suggestion.

In my original post, though, (and I know it is very long and you could fall asleep reading it, so it's easy to miss a small fact), I mention that the in-game resolution settings for both monitors are the same as the Windows resolution settings - 1920x1080x32 and 1680x1050x32.

I do so wish it was that easy, however. I would be singing your praises to the multitudes. Regretfully, I can probably only sing your praises to you. With my voice, that would not be a pleasant experience.

Ken

I guess this is one I'll just have to live with.

I uninstalled FTX Orbx completely as well as FreeMesh X, then uninstalled FSX-SE. "Cleaned" the registry, made sure all FSX-SE related files had been deleted, rebooted and did a clean install of FSX-SE. Verified the integrity of the installation via Steam.

I started FSX-SE. The font & pop-up window size differences are still there. The Windows Explorer issue (which had disappeared in an earlier attempt to solve the primary problem) has not reappeared, so that is good.

I am now, thankfully, able to switch between full screen mode and windowed mode at will without the PC locking up or going insane in any other way, so that is a positive and a gain.

Not going to pursue this any further unless additional problems arise.

Thanks to all who attempted to help me resolve this!

Ken

• 4 weeks later...

It sounds a lot like you set (or try to set) one resolution, but the screen is actually running at a lower resolution.

This can happen. For example if the screen is actually not capable of that higher resolution.

Or if the graphics card can't display such a high resolution. (or can only do that on one port.)

Or... if the screen is damaged.

Screens can get damaged quickly if you set it to run at a resolution the screen was not designed to do. (using a "custom resolution" ruined one of my screens once.)

Try this. Open your browser on one screen. Go to this site and see what resolution you are actually running.

https://www.whatismyscreenresolution.com/

Then close the page and the browser.

Open the browser again. Drag it to the second screen. Open this page again and check:

https://www.whatismyscreenresolution.com/

compare the results.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is for FSX-SE and the icon references a URL on the Steam website, hence there are not "compatibility" settings under Properties.

mallcott, here is .cfg

[GRAPHICS]

SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693751040

SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693751040

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096

NUM_LIGHTS=8

AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=1

AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1

COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1

LANDING_LIGHTS=1

AC_SELF_SHADOW=1

EFFECTS_QUALITY=2

GROUND_SHADOWS=0

TEXTURE_QUALITY=3

IMAGE_QUALITY=0

See_Self=1

Text_Scroll=1

D3D10=0

[sOUND]

AmbientUIMusicVolume=-6.000000

PrimaryDevice={DEF00000-9C6D-47ED-AAF1-4DDA8F2B5C03}

VoiceDevice={DEF00002-9C6D-47ED-AAF1-4DDA8F2B5C03}

SOUND=1

SOUND_QUALITY=2

SOUND_LOD=1

UISound=1

AmbientUI=0

SOUND_FADER1=0.500000

SOUND_FADER2=0.500000

SOUND_FADER3=0.500000

SOUND_FADER4=0.770000

AmbientUIMusic=FSX01

[Display]

ChangeTime=4.000000

TransitionTime=4.000000

ActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255

ActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=0,28,140,64

NonActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255

NonActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=24,33,87,64

InfoUpperRightTextColor=255,0,0

InfoUpperRightBackGroundColor=0,0,0,0

InfoLowerLeftTextColor=255,255,255

InfoLowerLeftBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128

InfoLowerRightTextColor=255,255,255

InfoLowerRightBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128

InfoBrakesEnable=True

InfoParkingBrakesEnable=True

InfoPauseEnable=True

InfoSlewEnable=True

InfoStallEnable=True

InfoOverspeedEnable=True

BLOOM_EFFECTS=0

SKINNED_ANIMATIONS=1

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=160

UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=0

WideViewAspect=False

[Main]

User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes

SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft

SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles

SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats

SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals

SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc

SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\AI FSX

SimObjectPaths.7=SimObjects\GA Planes Used in FSX

ProcSpeed=16190

PerfBucket=7

HideMenuNormal=1

HideMenuFullscreen=1

Location=118,8,1142,700,\\.\DISPLAY1

Maximized=1

[PANELS]

IMAGE_QUALITY=1

QUICKTIPS=1

PANEL_OPACITY=100

PANEL_MASKING=1

PANEL_STRETCHING=1

UNITS_OF_MEASURE=0

DEFAULT_VIEW=0

[Weather]

WindshieldPrecipitationEffects=1

MinGustTime=10

MaxGustTime=500

MinGustRampSpeed=1

MaxGustRampSpeed=200

MinVarTime=5

MaxVarTime=50

MinVarRampSpeed=10

MaxVarRampSpeed=75

TurbulenceScale=1.000000

WeatherServerAddress=fs2k.zone.com

WeatherServerPort=80

WeatherGraphDataInDialog=0

AdjustForMagVarInDialog=1

DynamicWeather=0

DownloadWindsAloft=0

DisableTurbulence=0

CLOUD_DRAW_DISTANCE=3

DETAILED_CLOUDS=1

CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=8

THERMAL_VISUALS=0

[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti.0]

Mode=1920x1080x32

AntiAlias=1

[AccelerationPack]

ControlsFirstRun=0

HomePageFirstRun=0

[CONTROLS]

Controls_Default=Standard

Controls_Current=Standard

KBDAIL=64

KBDELEV=64

KBDRUD=64

[TextInfo.1]

Latitude=1,1

Longitude=1,2

Altitude=1,3

Heading=1,4

AirSpeed=1,5

WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6

[TextInfo.2]

FrameRate=1,1

LockedFrameRate=1,2

GForce=1,3

FuelPercentage=1,4

[TextInfo.3]

Latitude=1,1

Longitude=1,2

Altitude=1,3

Heading=1,4

AirSpeed=1,5

WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6

FrameRate=2,1

LockedFrameRate=2,2

GForce=2,3

FuelPercentage=2,4

[slewTextInfo.1]

Latitude=1,1

Longitude=1,2

Altitude=1,3

Heading=1,4

AirSpeed=1,5

[slewTextInfo.2]

FrameRate=1,1

LockedFrameRate=1,2

[slewTextInfo.3]

Latitude=1,1

Longitude=1,2

Altitude=1,3

Heading=1,4

AirSpeed=1,5

FrameRate=2,1

LockedFrameRate=2,2

[DynamicHeadMovement]

LonAccelOnHeadLon=-0.020000

LonAccelOnHeadPitch=-0.010000

RollAccelOnHeadLat=0.010000

YawAccelOnHeadLat=-0.100000

RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0.100000

MaxHeadAngle=5.000000

MaxHeadOffset=0.300000

HeadMoveTimeConstant=1.000000

[VirtualCopilot]

VirtualCopilotActive=0

[uSERINTERFACE]

PageID=6

SHOW_MISSION_CAPTIONS=0

PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=1

PROMPT_ON_EXIT=1

SITUATION=C:\Users\Ken&Brenda\Lucidlogix\Documents\Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition Files\At Bowerman parking

Map_Orientation=2

OpenATCOnCreate=0

ShowAllACPaintSchemes=1

SelectAircraftManufacturer=All

SelectAircraftPublisher=All

SelectAircraftType=All

[ATC]

ShowATCText=1

COMM_MSG_NONE_COLOR=FFFFFFFF

COMM_MSG_ATC_USER_COLOR=FFB6FFB6

COMM_MSG_USER_ATC_COLOR=FFFFD21B

COMM_MSG_ATC_AI_COLOR=FF00FF00

COMM_MSG_AI_ATC_COLOR=FFFF7840

AutoOpenAirTrafficWindow=1

UsePilotVoice=1

PilotVoice=0

[PointOfInterestSystem]

CycleSetting=0

[sCENERY]

LENSFLARE=1

DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1

IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=4

[TrafficManager]

AirlineDensity=20

GADensity=20

FreewayDensity=20

ShipsAndFerriesDensity=40

LeisureBoatsDensity=40

IFROnly=0

AIRPORT_SCENERY_DENSITY=3

[TERRAIN]

LOD_RADIUS=6.000000

MESH_COMPLEXITY=75

MESH_RESOLUTION=20

TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=25

AUTOGEN_DENSITY=3

DETAIL_TEXTURE=1

WATER_EFFECTS=7

[AContain]

ShowLabels=1

ShowUserLabel=0

ShowLabelManufacturer=1

ShowLabelModel=1

ShowLabelTailNumber=0

ShowLabelDistance=1

ShowLabelAltitude=1

ShowLabelAirline=0

ShowLabelAirlineAndFlightNumber=0

ShowLabelFlightPlan=0

ShowLabelContainerId=0

ShowLabelAirspeed=0

ShowLabelHeading=0

LabelDelay=1000

LabelColor=FFFF0000

[iNTERNATIONAL]

ASLAT=2

ASLON=1

MEASURE=0

[REALISM]

PFactor=1.000000

Torque=1.000000

GyroEffect=1.000000

CrashTolerance=1.000000

General=1.000000

UnlimitedFuel=False

AllowEngineDamage=True

TrueAirspeed=False

AutoCoord=True

RealMixture=True

StressDamage=True

GEffect=True

ManualLights=True

GyroDrift=True

CrashWithDyn=True

CrashDetection=True

AutoTrim=False

[sIM]

SYSCLOCK=1

[sTARTUP]

DEMO=0

SHOW_OPENING_SCREEN=0

STARTUP_DEMO=

LoadWindow=1

[FACILITIES]

COUNTRY=

STATE=

CITY=

GTL_BUTTON=1309

[Misc]

Com_Rate=7

[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti.1]

Mode=1680x1050x32

AntiAlias=1

[Trusted]

G:\FSX-SE SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\ObjectFlow.dll.wwlcobzoiqllbwuirkiohzniqotkeektwazuunnk=1

G:\FSX-SE SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\Cessna.dll.bzwabazctuwzbueqnubkwllwztuubllozhtzczla=2

G:\FSX-SE SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\Cessna182s.dll.wbqhuuohknhhitinlrzbctocuekuoeiuoekeklue=2

G:\FSX-SE SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\Bendix_king_radio.dll.ireezhoubaeboqthobhbabzulbuloobtuhllzoqz=2

G:\FSX-SE SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\Magnetic_Compass.dll.wwnollnroioclnihchrrnnubboknchwrkciahhno=2

G:\FSX-SE SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\Cessna172.dll.hbwtnutbtwiknohcqeboobaklaoboekzocwttruk=2

Modules\FSUIPC4.dll.lrnlrttiwuwhocewkrkqecaihthiiarteqzrokei=1

G:\FSX-SE SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\KingAir.dll.iinalktwqtlqccciiazqczuhwakutlwuozcnnnke=2

G:\FSX-SE SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\KingAir_radio.dll.wkchunleooqwqokntquawuleeaeluuzbezrlettn=2

G:\FSX-SE SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Cessna U206G Soloy MK1 Custom V4\panel\dsd_fsx_xml_sound_tr.dll.qzblutuqwwnozwurrhctaetbrwazaoqhkchrthak=2

G:\FSX-SE SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\CessnaWAlpha.dll.eiwhkboiictnrreuuhituqoezroilnelkbelbtza=2

G:\FSX-SE SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\Bell_206B.dll.auqruroabakwbouawnbtzzncrertownuwlckwkcr=2

[MAPVIEW_MAP]

SHOW_AIRPORTS=1

SHOW_VORS=1

SHOW_NDBS=1

SHOW_APPROACHES=0

SHOW_INTERSECTIONS=0

SHOW_VICTOR=0

SHOW_JET=0

SHOW_AIRSPACE=1

SHOW_FLIGHTPLAN=1

SHOW_WEATHERSTATIONS=0

SHOW_WEATHERSYSTEMS=1

SHOW_DATATAGS=1

SHOW_TERRAIN=1

show_flight_history=1

[FlightPlanMap]

LineWidth=2

SHOW_AIRPORTS=1

SHOW_VORS=1

SHOW_NDBS=1

SHOW_APPROACHES=1

SHOW_INTERSECTIONS=1

SHOW_VICTOR=0

SHOW_JET=0

SHOW_AIRSPACE=1

SHOW_FLIGHTPLAN=1

SHOW_WEATHERSTATIONS=1

SHOW_WEATHERSYSTEMS=1

SHOW_DATATAGS=1

SHOW_TERRAIN=1

show_waypoints=1

show_airways=1

show_markers=1

show_volume_boundaries=1

show_ac_twr=1

[MULTIPLAYER]

condAccoutPassword=0

VoiceVolume=1.540000

il88pp, I'll have to look at this suggestion more closely. The numbers displayed using your directions are wildly different from the numbers showing for the two displays in the Windows Screen Resolution app. Not sure how accurate the website is.

Highest resolution monitor is a Vizio 32" HDMI "TV" (D32hn-E0) which uses the HDMI port on my video card and is set to 1920x1080 via Windows Screen Resolution. Numbers shown on website are almost half of that.

"Lower" resolution monitor is Dell E228WFP set to 1680x1050 and uses DVI port on video card. Numbers shown on website are only about 2/3 of that.

There is one more thing you can check. Right click your desktop and open display. Then check the Scale and layout settings. Do this on both computers and see if they are the same. I have both of mine set at 150% and everything was good. I then changed the second computer to 100% and then I was getting the same results that you are getting.

GPU: GeForce GTX 1080

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K CPU@4.2GHz

Memory: 16.00GB Ram

Resolution: 3840 x 2160, 30Hz Seiki 39†Monitor

Operating System: Windows 10 Home Edition

Egsjr1956, both displays set at 150%. Thanks for the tip, though.

il88pp, I've set both displays at 1366x768 and 125% scale. I'll check the results in FSX-SE in a couple of days as I have another issue/project that will require my time presently. I'll post the results after flying.

il88pp, I've set both displays at 1366x768 and 125% scale. I'll check the results in FSX-SE in a couple of days as I have another issue/project that will require my time presently. I'll post the results after flying.

Ken - I know you are going to "whip" this problem. With your computer knowledge and the help il88pp can offer, it will be solved! Good luck, these computers, I think, only does this to us, as one of "life's test" to see how we react to it! It can be frustrating, for sure!

Rick :cool:

• 3 weeks later...
Both displays are currently operating at 100% scale and 1366 X 768. All appears to be going well. Guess I'm not enough of a video/HDMI/resolution expert to understand why this problem appeared suddenly (and coincidentally? with a 3rd party app update) after a year or more of everything working just fine. The important thing, in the end, is that I'm satisfied with the current operation and have no plans to change anything at present (unless another 3rd party FSX app update causes issues).

Archived