still winter on FSX?

CessnaFlyer

for some reason my flight simulator is still showing a lot of snow on the ground. and it does not seem to be switching to spring. I have to set the thing to spring every time I go flying. I thought it changed automatically some how? but now it don't seem to be doing that:confused:
giving up on flight simulation for good:D

Depends on what part of the country you are flying over, for one. If you're using default weather, I believe date of month determines the presence of snow, not just the season setting.

Here in Indiana, I saw snowflakes drifting down just a week ago -- none on the ground, but still, it was snow. Spring, first part of April especially, is not going to look like summer, at least not in the Midwest, and certainly not in the more northern latitudes.

featured-spring-break-snowman-675x455.jpg

ok I do have a check mark where it says use system time for free flight. but out my window I have no snow on the ground. so I wonder if my flight sim is possibly messed up? cause I only have 1 other AI plane at the airport but when I set it to spring there's lots of AI

Hello CessnaFlyer,

As others have suggested, check your PC for correct Date & Time, also if you are using the sim's date and time, before you click the "go button" after you confirm the correct sim time, check that your Date (Day Month Year) is set correctly. Simply checking the season will often show the incorrect date or time for a given season.

You can also click the Day/Month to have a more definite seasonal display rather than one partway between seasons.

I checked in my FSX sim the current date (24th/25th) (24th April 2018) at KBJJ and the season was indeed "Spring" no snow to be seen at all.

Then I set the Date to (24th March 2018) a whole month earlier, and waddyaknow patchy snow and green textures on the airfield and surrounding scenery, all the to the horizon. Obviously this is a transitional Month/Date between late winter and early spring.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]202832[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]202833[/ATTACH]

Cheers Jethro

Hello CessnaFlyer,

As others have suggested, check your PC for correct Date & Time, also if you are using the sim's date and time, before you click the "go button" after you confirm the correct sim time, check that your Date (Day Month Year) is set correctly. Simply checking the season will often show the incorrect date or time for a given season.

You can also click the Day/Month to have a more definite seasonal display rather than one partway between seasons.

I checked in my FSX sim the current date (24th/25th) (24th April 2018) at KBJJ and the season was indeed "Spring" no snow to be seen at all.

Then I set the Date to (24th March 2018) a whole month earlier, and waddyaknow patchy snow and green textures on the airfield and surrounding scenery, all the to the horizon. Obviously this is a transitional Month/Date between late winter and early spring.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]202832[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]202833[/ATTACH]

Cheers Jethro

well that ain't what mine looks like. but I will try to get you some screen shots of what I have as far as date and time in the simulator. it is totally different then what the computer shows. cause my clock is set to change automatically on the pc it's self. and at il88 I will also check that sir thanks.

Just thought I'd throw this in.....You're not using Real World weather in FSX are you? It hasn't been updating for a long time.

If your Sim date and time don't match your computer's, then you're in a mell of a hess. :eek:

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

fsx date and time.jpg ok here is a shot of the date and time. all of my saved flights are messed up like this. for some reason the simulator is not using my computers date and time setting. I have to change the date and season every time I fly

Just another thought. Go into cfg and look at system clock. It should have a 1.

GPU: GeForce GTX 1080

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K CPU@4.2GHz

Memory: 16.00GB Ram

Resolution: 3840 x 2160, 30Hz Seiki 39†Monitor

Operating System: Windows 10 Home Edition

Just thought I'd throw this in.....You're not using Real World weather in FSX are you? It hasn't been updating for a long time.

If your Sim date and time don't match your computer's, then you're in a mell of a hess. :eek:

no sir real world weather here sucks atm cold rainy anf foggy. but why am I in a mell of hess with the date and time of the flight sim? what either my computer is messed up? or I need to re-install the flight sim?

no sir real world weather here sucks atm cold rainy anf foggy. but why am I in a mell of hess with the date and time of the flight sim? what either my computer is messed up? or I need to re-install the flight sim?

This is what my Sim is showing: It matches what my computer shows in the lower right corner when I hoover my mouse pointer on the time.

Spring.JPG

What does your computer show as the correct time and date? Your Sim should follow your computer if you have the system time checked in your settings.

This is what my Sim is showing: It matches what my computer shows in the lower right corner when I hoover my mouse pointer on the time.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]202835[/ATTACH]

What does your computer show as the correct time and date? Your Sim should follow your computer if you have the system time checked in your settings.

ok my flight sim computer shows 4/25/18 at 9:35 am right now. all of my saved flights for my A2A airplanes is 9AM simulator time. but this shouldn't cause problems would it? it should still be with the computers clock? also I jus checked nd yes there's a 1 beside the sysclock in the CFG

but it is 3 months behind on my saved flights. so is that what's messed up and not the flight sim?

Well, now we may be getting somewhere. Exactly when did you create these "saved" flights? It will use the time and date from when saved. I think that if your saved flight was saved 3 months ago and you start it up and, maybe change aircraft, or whatever, your time and date won't change to the present. I could be wrong!

Check your DATE in the CMOS setup.

And maybe the battery is fading?

Wim

I don't think that's it sir. I just tried to go flying and got a CTD terrain.dll and a G3D.dll so I'm pretty sure my whole flight sim is messed up. and I think it was from letting my neighbor try to fly my game and he does not have a clue as to what he's doing. he just sits down and starts hitting buttons and all that. and I'm pretty sure messed the whole thing up. cause when I set up the free flight the date and time is right. but all my saved flights for my A2A planes to be cold and dark is all messed up. so I think it's time for a fresh install of every thing:(

Well, now we may be getting somewhere. Exactly when did you create these "saved" flights? It will use the time and date from when saved. I think that if your saved flight was saved 3 months ago and you start it up and, maybe change aircraft, or whatever, your time and date won't change to the present. I could be wrong!

oh it's been a couple of months now. but I still have 2 CTD's that are not leaving me alone. so I think I'm going to do a fresh install of windows and the flight sim.

...and I'm pretty sure messed the whole thing up. cause when I set up the free flight the date and time is right. but all my saved flights for my A2A planes to be cold and dark is all messed up...

Be aware: it's perfectectly NORMAL that a saved flight keeps the date and time as it was saved. Only free flight takes the "now" moment. So what you're discribing looks like normal to me (except for the terrain.dll and G3D.dll CTDs of course).

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

oh it's been a couple of months now. but I still have 2 CTD's that are not leaving me alone. so I think I'm going to do a fresh install of windows and the flight sim.

What's this gonna be? The 2nd or 3rd time you've wiped out your computer? No dang wonder you have so many problems.

Be aware: it's perfectectly NORMAL that a saved flight keeps the date and time as it was saved. Only free flight takes the "now" moment. So what you're discribing looks like normal to me (except for the terrain.dll and G3D.dll CTDs of course).

Wim

That's the way it has always worked on my computers!! And that includes the weather as well!

Call up your saved flight. Set the date, time, aircraft, location etc. as desired, or fly from exactly from what was happening when you made the "save."

Don't forget "saved" means you are saving fuel levels, engine rpm, time of day, date, position and speed of the aircraft, settings for lights plus nav aids etc. And yes, despite your computer or the sun saying it's July, your flight will still say whatever it said at the instant you made the "save."

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Archived