Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fsw

What amazes me is the number of people, maybe not so much here but certainly at the "A" forum, seemingly defending DTG. Guys, these people took your money, then ganked you. The company is still trading - it's not like they went out of business and they still have all that early access money for something that will never be finished. In any other line of business, that would be classed as fraud and the perpetrator find themselves in court. Instead of which DTG and Steam hide behind EULA's and T&C's and because it's software, everyone just seems to think aw that's okay then. If it was a builder who half finished your house but was working on one in the next street, there would be trouble!
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by loki View Post
    They don't have the rights to do anything more than fix enough to get FSX running on Steam and replace the multiplayer. Any new development has to be for a new sim based on the MS flight sim code.
    Which FSW would have been since I read FSW was based on FSX. From what I have found online, DTG did come out with patches for FSX SE after the initial release to fix performance issues. If they can do this, then there could be other areas that they can work with.

Again, the agreement they had forbid them from making anything more than minor fixes to FSX to distribute it through Steam. Enhancements to FSX itself, beyond replacing the original Gamespy based multiplayer, were not allowed. All other development work had to be part of a new sim, even if that new sim was based on the code for FSX. Dovetail clarified this multiple times when they first acquired the rights from MS. So, no, they can't develop FSX any further without the license agreement being changed.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/mi.../1100-6421000/
    Last edited by loki; 04-25-2018 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Added link

Quote Originally Posted by edwardk View Post
    Which FSW would have been since I read FSW was based on FSX. From what I have found online, DTG did come out with patches for FSX SE after the initial release to fix performance issues. If they can do this, then there could be other areas that they can work with.
    You can wish until the cows come home, but there is not going to be any further development for FSX SE.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2