Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Flightsim world closure announced by DTG:

That's was I was thinking. Those of us who used and enjoyed Flight found ourselves in the same situation. Except Flight was done by Microsoft, lot a little company like DTG.

I was hoping for further development, I thought it had great potential. But I don't feel cheated, I bought the Flight School out of curiosity for $15 and they gave me FSW for free.

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.5GHz; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11GB GDDR5X; 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM; 500GB SSD + 2TB HDD; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit; 34" 21:9 curved 4K Monitor

If anyone got cheated it is the Dovetail development team by FSX users and their incredible inertia.

I seen this coming to. I also seen the Froogle sim video about this. all they wanted to was push DLC instead of trying to invite the big developers of software like A2A or PMDG or any thing like that. so with no add-ons like for FSX or prepared or X-plane I could see it wasn't going any where. plus on steam it just got nothing but negative reviews any way. people go by reviews for a product. and see all negative and got turned off to the whole thing.
    8 gigs of ram
    1TB HardDrive
    3.10ghz processor windows 7 64 bit.
    desktop

Quote Originally Posted by CessnaFlyer View Post
    all they wanted to was push DLC instead of trying to invite the big developers of software like A2A or PMDG or any thing like that.
    When Microsoft leased the FSX licence to Dovetail Games in preference to a rival bid from a consortium of well-known flightsim developers and publishers, those developers and publishers closed ranks against Dovetail Games.
    If you've ever wondered why AES Credits don't work in FSX:SE, and never will, now you know.
    That's why those 'in the know' initially predicted the inevitable failure of FSW.
    Those who jumped on the bandwagon added the lack of content, the business plan and anything else they could think of, but the root cause went deeper, wider, and much further back than that.
    Last edited by tiger1962; 05-02-2018 at 07:27 AM.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.2GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 16Gb 3500MHz Ram, 1TB & 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Asus K272HL 27" Monitor, Windows 10 Pro x64

i know businesses need to make money. but like the video I seen that's all DTG was doing on there face book page. I seen pictures of the P40 they had made for example it looked like $%^& compared to the A2A one. the only scenery they had that I'm aware of was the big bear stuff. which imo did not look to good either. it looked like the textures were missing. it's not FSX or the other big sims. I didn't think it would last.
    8 gigs of ram
    1TB HardDrive
    desktop

so in terms of flying and physics and stuff like that was this as good or better in any way then FSX? or was it just a limited polished version of FSX?
    8 gigs of ram
    1TB HardDrive
    desktop

As an aside I notice Avsim have closed and locked their FSW section and consigned it to the bottom of the heap. A bit strange given those who own it (even me, despite my whinging) might at some point want to fire it up for a brief valedictory at what might have been.

Presumably further discussion of FSW not welcome over there...

Will the FSW boards here suffer the same fate?
    Vern.

It got closed as it ended up with a lot of childish behaviour, moans & groans.
    Obviously FSW is now dead & it is pointless trying to discuss what could have been. Nobody knows at all.
    So, maybe just keep a forum open for tips?

It should end up becoming free, as Flight! became. Another sim, with some merit, shut down for lack of public support.

Quote Originally Posted by CessnaFlyer View Post
    so in terms of flying and physics and stuff like that was this as good or better in any way then FSX? or was it just a limited polished version of FSX?
    I think scenery (basic Orbx) and weather were better than vanilla FSX. If they had added some good prop and jet airliners and helos I would have been happy. I particularly liked their start and route location selection using a movable and zoomable world map was excellent.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast