Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Flightsim world closure announced by DTG:

A lot of theorizing but in the end final nail in the coffin is insufficient number of users.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    Read the EULA, Vern, for god's sake man. YOU agreed to buy the software AS IS with no guarantee of it ever being completed in any way. Steam's refund policy for ALL game titles is less than 2 hour's play within 2 weeks of purchase, and always has been. Grow up.
    Stockholm Syndrome at its finest... only around software. The company took in a large number of people and several £100k on the grounds of a software product that just needed a bit of community polish. They walk away from it after a year whether due to financial circumstances or professional incompetency leaving a half finished game (we didn't even get a passenger jet), still holding on to our money and don't give a carp about the people they ganked - merrily continuing to sell their train sim products at £25 a crack.

Hide behind EA agreement and EULA's all you like, that is still sharp practice. At best, Steam should be booting them as a developer who's products they sell and I for one will consider contacting Trading Standards to get their take on the matter.
    Vern.

I hope you can get Legal Aid Vern, a fool and his money.... Keep us posted on your progress mate!
    Last edited by tiger1962; 04-27-2018 at 04:38 PM.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.2GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 16Gb 3500MHz Ram, 1TB & 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Asus K272HL 27" Monitor, Windows 10 Pro x64

Now it's your turn to "grow up". No-one is going to take DTG or Steam to court over £20 (and unfortunately they know it), but I do hope enough people hear of this saga think twice before giving them any more money for a single piece of their other mundane software.
    Vern.

So you've read the DTG EULA and Steam's T's & C's at last then. Welcome to Big School.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.2GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 16Gb 3500MHz Ram, 1TB & 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Asus K272HL 27" Monitor, Windows 10 Pro x64

Alright then Mr Keyboard Lawyer, let's spin this another way. Given that Valve and DTG *can* hide behind their EULA etc...

1. Do you think it is right that a company can act in this way?

2. Do you think it is ethical for a company to act in this way?

3. Do you think it is right for a company to take customers' money on the premise a product is almost ready but to involve the community in the final stages, then pull the plug?

4. Do you think it right that a company still trading and employing several score people can simply walk away from an under development product because it no longer meets their business case, despite having taken peoples' money, without any recourse?

5. Will you be happy to buy future products from Dovetail Games?

6. Do you work for Dovetail Games and therefore posting from a biased point of view?
    Vern.

1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. Yes
    4. Yes
    5. Yes
    6. No

1-4: Yes, as already explained to you
    5: Maybe
    6: No

Well I'm glad I don't feel the same way. Which seems a perfect note to end this conversation on...
    Vern.

If you buy into Early Access - there is no guarantee that the product will ever be finished, so no one to blame but one’s self. And to be honest FSW is very usable in its present form, maybe not to what expectations some may have, but is a nice limited entertainment product that can still be used.

In fact I just loaded MS Flight which is still available for download and had a few hours of fun messing with it once again.

So since FSW is usable in its present form, and many got it for free for having purchased Flight School that was known to be a limited production - or paid less than $40.00 for nearly a hundred hours of entertainment in my case - I do not understand the whining and complaining that frankly sounds like a toddler who lost their toy out of the pram...

I also have nearly 4500 hours in their Train Simulator product. While there are nits and problems with both their and 3rd party DLC, I have never felt ripped off since all purchases are voluntary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast