MS FSX Airline listing

Downwind66

Just curious, is there a default list of approved airlines? I have had several freeware downloads that I tried to designate the specified Airline, only to have it not work, and just get the flight number announced by ATC. If there is an approved list, and if so, how can an airline be added? I often wondered why that field could not be open for the user to enter whatever airline name they are dealing with.

Thanks - Rick

I downloaded one from this site's library, they won't work?

What I downloaded from here, when opening, it is "clear as mud" and that is giving it the benefit of doubt!

Don't keep me in suspense....exactly what file did you download? I saw NO Editvoicepack program in the Library.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I downloaded one from this site's library, they won't work?

What I downloaded from here, when opening, it is "clear as mud" and that is giving it the benefit of doubt!

What you've downloaded from this site are "Voicepack Modifications".

They're indeed useless and meaningless without the main program (from MrZippy's link).

You may also need some manual reading to clear the mud.

Something not quite right in MrZippy's explanation btw: the automatic update is the main NEW feature of the payware version. So the "no longer" part in his sentence isn't really correct.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

What you've downloaded from this site are "Voicepack Modifications".

They're indeed useless and meaningless without the main program (from MrZippy's link).

You may also need some manual reading to clear the mud.

Something not quite right in MrZippy's explanation btw: the automatic update is the main NEW feature of the payware version. So the "no longer" part in his sentence isn't really correct.

Wim

Wim, I'm referring to the older free version of Editvoicepack that is no longer updated with any new modifications.

Re-reading my post, I guess can be misunderstood. Probably should have said that the "free" version is no longer updated.

Couldn't edit that original post of mine. I guess I went past the 15 second time limit!

Not to worry, Mr Z! What I downloaded from this site's library, looked much more intensive than what I am looking for. I just wanted something simple to add a Airline to the default list. Anything beyond simple, forget about it, I can live with what Microsoft wants me to have.

As far as I know Edit Voice Pack is the only one that adds airline names to aircraft, I suppose at first it may look complicated but once installed it is fairly easy to use.

From time to time there are updates, some of these can be real or fictional call signs, can be fun to add to a new aircraft and hear ATC call it up instead of just a flight number or registration.

Reading this thread reminds me I must look for some updates myself.

Col.

Interesting. I just open the airlines cfg file in the main FSX folder and type in the name of the airline, save that and ATC will use that airline name.
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Intel i7 7700K 4.5 Ghz, GTX 1080 SC 1TB 7200RPM HDD, Samsung 500Gb SSHD, 750W PSU, P3DV4, Windows 10 64 bit Home Premium.REX,GEX,UTX. UTLive

Interesting. I just open the airlines cfg file in the main FSX folder and type in the name of the airline, save that and ATC will use that airline name.

begets - I am very interested in your find! I go to the airlines cfg and it shows the default airline names MS FSX uses. This listing appears to be just a Note Pad listing, and when I tried adding a name to it, save the addition and when trying on the aircraft it would not work!

Strange thing is, FSX ATC does recognize more airline names than what is on that airlines cfg list.

Examples: Delta, West Jet, Jet Blue, Air France, Luthansa United, Condor, American, New Zealand, and Emirates, just a few of what I have that FSX recognizes but are not on that list?

Maybe I am looking at the wrong cfg, and if I am I would appreciate you pointing me in another direction!

Thanks - Rick

Here are two photos showing what I have done. I just added Delta to the list.

snap022.jpg

snap023.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Intel i7 7700K 4.5 Ghz, GTX 1080 SC 1TB 7200RPM HDD, Samsung 500Gb SSHD, 750W PSU, P3DV4, Windows 10 64 bit Home Premium.REX,GEX,UTX. UTLive

bgets - For some reason, Delta has never been as issue with FSX. Try this, if you like, take Delta off your airline cfg list and it will still work. I have 2 airlines that weren't on my list and ATC still recognized the Delta and the Jet Blue. I just downloaded an Airbus A319, Frontier Airlines, and ATC did not recognize the airline. I have since downloaded editvoicepack and updated, and you would not believe how large my airline list has become.

Thanks begets, for you responding to my post. Have a nice day! - Rick

As far as I know Edit Voice Pack is the only one that adds airline names to aircraft, I suppose at first it may look complicated but once installed it is fairly easy to use.

From time to time there are updates, some of these can be real or fictional call signs, can be fun to add to a new aircraft and hear ATC call it up instead of just a flight number or registration.

Reading this thread reminds me I must look for some updates myself.

Col.

Thanks Col, your reply gave me a little encouragement to re-install the editvoicepack software, and still it looked a little intense. I decided to get my "feet wet" and jumped right in there, still a little skeptical, but things worked out just fine! Next time it should be less intimidating, I am sure!

Thanks! - Rick

No problem Rick. I can insure you that unless I add Delta to my airline cfg file, FSX won't assign me that call sign. Otherwise, I only get the default airlines. Perhaps if someone installs a certain aircraft with the name of the airline included in the installer it may add that call sign.

Take care.

Bob G.

For my purposes, the single best feature of EVP is the ability to speed up the dialogue without compromising the pitch of the words! It sure makes audio transactions more realistic!

Bill Leaming http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Combat/0054.gif

Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations

Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator

Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional

Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

The thing with it is if for example you fancied having your own airline and you typed atc_airline=RICKAIR

if that name isn't in EVP then ATC won't say it, if that name is in then it will.

You can if and when you fancy having a go do your own call signs, I'll be honest I haven't done it but I keep saying I will one day lol.

Col.

No problem Rick. I can insure you that unless I add Delta to my airline cfg file, FSX won't assign me that call sign. Otherwise, I only get the default airlines. Perhaps if someone installs a certain aircraft with the name of the airline included in the installer it may add that call sign.

Take care.

Bob G.

Bob - That's fine! I know prior to this morning, I never had Delta or Jet Blue on that list and ATC worked fine! Come to think of it, there probably is many more that worked without being on the list, I wanted to add Frontier, which I can now and it works fine!

Thanks Bob and have a nice day! - Rick

For my purposes, the single best feature of EVP is the ability to speed up the dialogue without compromising the pitch of the words! It sure makes audio transactions more realistic!

Bill - I have noticed since installing and updating, the audio transactions, do seem a little faster than they did! Sounds great!

Thanks - Rick

Once you've tried it, it's ain't too difficult. I was wrong about my version...it's V4.0,7.0

In the screenshot I went to File/Update to show what's there is. Now it seems that you got it!;)

edvp.JPG

Once you've tried it, it's ain't too difficult. I was wrong about my version...it's V4.0,7.0

In the screenshot I went to File/Update to show what's there is. Now it seems that you got it!;)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]202816[/ATTACH]

I did, and it wasn't too bad, just things that I wasn't familiar with! :cool:

Thanks - Rick

Just to add, there is a guy who I haven't seen on this forum but he visits FS2004 forum, his name is John Hinson, he has done a lot for EVP and will answer any questions you may have.

Col - That is good to know as I have had more than one occasion of speaking to John. I imagine I will be asking for help in the near future!

Thanks - Rick

Archived