Making SPAD work?

Rupert

OK I'm a long time FSX guy who is trying to make P3D, latest version, work with my SAITEK equipment. The rudders, yoke, throttle quadrant etc all work fine. But I can't get the muti-panel to do anything. With FSX my registered FSUIPC always worked fine. But I can't get it to talk with P3D.

From this forum I was told SPAD was a good communication device to use. So I downloaded the freeware version. Now when I try to integrate it with P3D it halts saying there isn't permission to make a change. I am the administrator on this computer and opted to run SPAD as "Run As Administrator" after the first install failure. Sadly everything got exactly as far as it had before and stopped.

When I first downloaded the SPAD all the lights on my multi-panel lit up for a moment then went out. So it definitely can talk to the panel. Since then other than the glow to tell me the usb is still plugged in I haven't had any response. Just to verify there wasn't another issue I fired up FSX and it worked perfectly with the multi-panel as always. But P3D acts as though it's not there.

IDEAS?? SUGGESTIONS?

Rupert

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Sorry Rupert but I cannot help you as I do not even know what SPAD is or about...I grew up about 70 miles east of Cumberland Gap, Ky in Gate City. Va.. since it appears you are somewhere in Ky....and flew in Viet Nam...perhaps when I was a grunt in Korat, Thailand...(64-65)..been involved in Flightsim for going on over 26 years...and I can say I love P3D but like you I am never NEVER deleting FSX cuz everything works...simple as that...OK...I cannot get anything to load into P3D...millions of others do....so I keep it simple and use only PMDG and Active Sky....and it works fine...but that is my response.. these simmers on here will help you but want you to know why I like P3D....The "Clairity" on P3D keeps me involved...so good luck to you...al v

I'm still trying to figure out how to get my Saitek multiple panel to work with P3D. FSUIPC, SPAD, whatever.

It's been over 24 hours and no help. I enjoyed hearing from alverthein. But sadly he can't help either.

I had heard the P3D boards were dead. I didn't understand they were this dead. :o:o

I'm still trying to figure out how to get my Saitek multiple panel to work with P3D. FSUIPC, SPAD, whatever.

It's been over 24 hours and no help. I enjoyed hearing from alverthein. But sadly he can't help either.

I had heard the P3D boards were dead. I didn't understand they were this dead. :o:o

Try the SPAD forum.

SPAD does not work with P3D, so the reason you are not getting any help is because no-one can help as it's impossible.

Try the SPAD forum.

SPAD does not work with P3D, so the reason you are not getting any help is because no-one can help as it's impossible.

Really? I was sure I recently read an article where SPAD and LINDA were both used with P3D. Is there a software that will work with it?

Really? I was sure I recently read an article where SPAD and LINDA were both used with P3D. Is there a software that will work with it?

SPAD.neXT is probably what you are thinking off.

With that information you can google anything you could want to know - even go straight to the website and download the P3D compatible software. Clue: 0.9.6

• 1 month later...

If I recall, I could use SPAD with P3D up to version 3. With P3Dv4 it was a no go due to the platform changing to 64bit. I got my Saitek switch, mutli, radio, yoke, trim and rudder panels all working using the Logitech 64 bit drivers. They even have a little app you can load to test if they are working.

You must also set each USB connection to give it full power. I forget the techno name but Windows puts the USB connection power in some low mode unless you change that manually. You will lose your panel's LED readouts if you don't. That may be what the OP is seeing. There are articles about that on how to change that.

Sadly they have not provided a driver for the BIP panel (lighted information panel), so I plan on using my SPADneXt for that if I ever have the time to install it, ha!

Sorry Rupert but I cannot help you as I do not even know what SPAD is or about...I grew up about 70 miles east of Cumberland Gap, Ky in Gate City. Va.. since it appears you are somewhere in Ky....and flew in Viet Nam...perhaps when I was a grunt in Korat, Thailand...(64-65)..been involved in Flightsim for going on over 26 years...and I can say I love P3D but like you I am never NEVER deleting FSX cuz everything works...simple as that...OK...I cannot get anything to load into P3D...millions of others do....so I keep it simple and use only PMDG and Active Sky....and it works fine...but that is my response.. these simmers on here will help you but want you to know why I like P3D....The "Clairity" on P3D keeps me involved...so good luck to you...al v

Hey Alverthien. No I didn't go over until '66 & again in '67 and '68. I flew for Air America as well as MAG 36 and MAG 16. My birds were CH-34s and CH-46s.

As to P3D, I now have version 4 and although it AT TIMES is faster than FSX, still can't find it as good a sim as FSX.

Thanks for responding!!

Rupert

I did get my controllers to work. Thanks for all the helpful advice. NOT I still don't see this format nearly as enjoyable as FSX.

And since I haven't heard from anyone in twenty-four hours responding to my question on this site it's pretty obvious that the few, not several, people who follow this site have no interest in helping others to make things work better.

Having worked in the real world for several years I don't see any reason to believe this attitude is a way to make P3D successful.

Sorry about your luck!!

I will help you get the panels working.

1. Make sure you have run this application if you have Windows 10 so that Windows does not shut off the USB power to the panels https://www.dropbox.com/s/tm6asn08t0pdz83/USBEnhancedPowerManagementDisabler.exe?dl=0

2. Download Linda 3.05 and install. https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/512119-new-linda-305-32-64-bit-compatible-15-dec-17/

3. Here is my config-hid file that will be needed in the modules folder of P3DV4. Not sure mine will work but if not I can help you get your own set up. it is kind of tricky. https://www.dropbox.com/s/wd6x5rpj6murj64/config-hid.lua?dl=0

This should at least get you started. If you want P3DV4 to look like FSX just turn off HDR in the lighting settings.

Good Luck,

Ross G.

• 10 months later...

Archived