UT Live, No Traffic or ATC

malct

I have just installed UT Live as instructions and for what ever reason, i have no traffic movements on the ground even though i do have UT live aircraft at the gates plus i dont have anything from Air traffic control, If i open up the text box and ask to taxi, I get nothing back from ATC but i do get text up for ATC to repeat themselves .

Any ideas? Everything was Ok before hand, I did however did a full uninstall of UT2 before installing UT Live and i don't have any other ATC programs

Regards

Malc

After you uninstalled UT2, did you check if AI Traffic and ATC worked again before you installed UT Live?

I will probably do the same upgrade. BTW, what FSX version are you using? FSX boxed? FSX SE?

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Thank you for your reply, no I never checked anything after the uninstall, I just thought it would be easier to do a uninstall of ut2. Regards the fax, I have the boxed gold edition. I guess it will be something that I have done wrong

I also have FSX Boxed Gold so I hope you get it fixed and will post the answer.

BTW, here is the Ultimate Traffic website (All versions including Live)

http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/forums/default.asp?C=5&title=ultimate-traffic-live

Owners need to register to use the forum.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

My registration for UT2 allowed access to the UTLive product support area and I saw your post.

It looks like there are quite a few complaints of traffic at the gates but hardly any traffic in motion. I also have Traffic 360 on another computer and I find traffic just about everywhere I go. I even went to Guantanamo Bay Naval Base in Cuba and with Traffic 360 there was rolling traffic. Ultimate Traffic 2 - nothing.

I might take UT2 off and install Traffic 360 on this computer as well.

I uninstalled UT 2 Power Pack, then UT 2, restarted FSX and my ATC and default AI was working normally.

Then decision time, do I install my all ready paid for Traffic 360 disk, or do I risk it buying UT Live?

Since the upgrade coupon for UT Live from UT 2 worked, I bought UT Live. It installed without a hitch. I set airliners at 75% and GA at 10%, the target frame rate at 10fps then restarted FSX.

At McCarran International there were airliners at several gates and after about 10 minutes, IFR approvals were made with the ATC and they started rolling towards the runway. I witnessed so many airliners starting to land that 4 airliners did a go around in a row. Then tried Denver International. Same thing. At first there were no aircraft taxing and I thought it was broken. About 10 minutes later they started rolling as before at McCarran.

So it seems to be working fine. I don't know why your ATC doesn't work but can't understand how installing a AI traffic program would mess it up.

Maybe uninstall UT Live and solve the ATC problem first and make sure the default AI is also functioning normally.

Just to update you, with no help from UTlive admin, I ended up uninstalling FSX and UTlive and then did full installs and the sound came back, I am still fighting with a couple of traffic issues , Plenty of planes, but not many movements in the sky or on the ground, but messing with the settings.

Will be looking at ideas on trying to get it better

Just curious, you are waiting about 10~15 minutes for the AI engine to ramp up right?

I thought things were broken myself and then you hear the first AI ATC IFR clearance and then all hell breaks loose.

It's good thing that the AI takes a few minutes to get going otherwise you would be stuck behind 5~8 planes trying to takeoff with planes landing at the same time. :)

Archived