SIDs/STARs/Transitions/Vias. Some practical advice, please?

• 2 years later...
In some large cities there are some folks who have always depended on public transportation such as cabs, buses and subways or other trains for example. A place such as New York or London likely has quite a few people like that, Los Angeles probably not so much.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

• 2 weeks later...
OMG - How is such a thing even POSSIBLE in the developed world? I'm aghast and mystified.

My great grandfather was born and lived in Chicago all his life. He'd take the trolley and I'm sure other forms of public transportation as the years went on. When his wife (my great grandma) wanted to move to the suburbs he said no way!

My mom told me a story once when she worked at a company back in the '70s and she had to call a guy in New York. They got to talking about cars or what ever and the guy in New York said to my mom it must be super expensive to drive as he didn't.

When you live in a big city like New York or Chicago, public transpiration is the mainstay and you find your self shoping for groceries once everyday bringing the bags with you on the subway, in a cab, a bus or now in an Uber or Lyft. People do drive, but by in large most city dwellers utilize public transportation. Especially since it'd take you an hour to get from one side of the city to the next! How public safety gets around I'll never know. In New York fashion: "Hey jacko! You see these flashing lights here? It means MOVE!"

Now Los Angeles was mentioned. I used to live in southern California myself and it's called the freeway capital of the word. You would not believe all of the freeways out there. Hell of it is, when there's the usual motor vehicle accident your typical hour long commute turns into three hours! Which means when you plan your commute to work you plan accordingly.

Now LA has public transportation and there's a train, but it's not like New York or even Chicago's L (Elevated train) that goes all the way up to Fox Lake, Illinois.

Anyway, to bind this Convo. to the realm of aviation, bring on the flying cars! LOL I think with the advent of the drone we'll see to it that happens to an extent.

I moved away from London to get away from that problem.

It was much simpler, driving in Southampton!

OMG - How is such a thing even POSSIBLE in the developed world? I'm aghast and mystified.

How is it even possible that there are tribes in the Amazon that have never seen modern man let alone know man stepped foot on the moon they see at night, know about these automobiles, planes, trains and other things like the Internet?

Edited by CRJ_simpilot

How is it even possible that there are tribes in the Amazon that have never seen modern man let alone know man stepped foot on the moon they see at night, know about these automobiles, planes, trains and other things like the Internet?

Because they come from a time before `civiiisation`? They've probably never heard of congestion or Covid, either..!

Yet it was written like you're trying to make a point and some how convey that you're trying to school me. The added question mark after the misspelling of 'civilization' is what leads me to that belief.