Navigation Lights Within the Model File

usb777

I was trying to place smaller white navigation lights on my Virtavia T-6 Harvard they mounted on the rudder because it seemed way to big and found them in the attached object section in the ModelConverterX. They were listed four times so I removed three of the white light entries and it worked making the light smaller and being attached to the model moved with the rudder. The issue I have though is after exporting the object I am unable to turn the lights off. Is there something I missed?

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

I'm not all that familiar with MCX, but for every attached object, there is a script associated with it that lists one or both of the parameters allowed and/or .

In the case of the light .fx, what is missing is the condition, typically light_nav_vis

Bill Leaming http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Combat/0054.gif

Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations

Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator

Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional

Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

I suspect then that I need to open up thee script (when I locate it) and add that back to it before saving?

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

• 2 weeks later...
Yes. It may also have been that one of the deleted entries was the "Parent" of the others, and that when you deleted that particular entry, the condition was deleted as well.

Bill Leaming http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Combat/0054.gif

Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations

Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator

Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional

Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

I have been investigating the instructions on this topic but the solution evades me. How do I add the condition back?

Mike G.

Thanks, I will do that as well.

Mike G.

Archived