FSX default Baron 58

yotuke

Hello, I do some painting using FS Repaint, and also Paint.net. I'm not real good at it but I get by.

I would like to paint the default Baron 58,as there are not many repaints out there that I can find.

When I send the white textures of the default plane to paint.net it looks to me that it would be very

hard to paint anything on them (stripes etc). Is there a paint kit out there,I haven't found any, or

do I need GIMP or Photoshop to work with these textures. I also use DXTBMP.

Thanks for any help you can give, Charles

One way to paint the B58 using the white texture set without having a layered paintkit is to use a graphics editor that supports layers like Photoshop or Gimp (which is free!), convert the dds texture to 24bit bmp, open the texture in your graphics editor, create a new layer for your paint & set this layer to multiply & do your painting, the colours will be a bit darker than what you have selected but you can adjust to suit, but the detail on the base layer will show through your paint.

Thanks Paul,

I use paint.net and I can add layers, I will give your suggestion a try. When I view the dds file everthing

is close together and out of shape as other textures I painted. That seems hard to put stripes on when

its not even close to the real size or shape. I have the addon to open dds files.I'll give this a try.

Thanks, Charles

When I view the dds file everthing is close together and out of shape as other textures I painted. That seems hard to put stripes on when its not even close to the real size or shape.

I know, default textures are not easy to paint, but you can use the painted textures with stripes as a guide.

Archived