Default 737 Virtual Cockpit Autobrake fix - Is the solution in the interior model?

BlueSox14

Hi all,

I've recently been flying the default FSX 737 around. I've used the excellent FSND Upgraded FSX-B737 cockpit by Alejandro Rojas Lucena. Really good add-on.

He was able to get the auto-brake knob in the virtual cockpit to rotate, something the default VC doesn't do. This piqued my interest as it would serve as a useful first step in understanding how to virtual cockpits are linked to gauge programming - something I might like to do down the track.

I compared each and every xml file within Alejandro's CAB file to the default and can't locate anything different there that Alejandro did to make the knob work.

Can anyone confirm that it is actually a change within the interior model that would achieve this affect?

If not, could someone provide me with a basic explanation of how this might've been achieved?

Ta!

Trent

Hi everyone,

For anyone who is curious, I've confirmed that the autobrake change in the virtual cockpit was enabled within the interior model, not because of a change to a particular xml gauge.

You never stop learning in this hobby do you! In investigating this little issue, I've learned a little more about xml gauge programming, and how to compile cab files.

In fact, I've been able to create an ultimate default 737 aircraft by merging:

1) the taxi/landing light fix (fsx_b737-800_fixer.zip) by Aaron Parsons - this resolves an infuriating bug!

2) the FSND upgraded 737 cockpit by Alejandro Rojas Lucena - a very fine piece of work

3) the Gauges and Panel Fix V1.1 (b738panelfix_v11.zip) by various authors and packaged by Stefano Cerutti.

By the power of Greyskull I now have an amazing default 737!!

If anyone has further fixes for the default 737 that aren't covered above, I'd love to hear about it.

Kind regards,

Trent

It sounds like you already installed the fsnd vc.

In the default 737 vc you may be able to remove the gauge that adds the registration number. Or make it smaller. Then in the free space you can add the 2d autobrake switch. (same gauge that the 2d panel has. So only a panel.cfg edit required, and no moving of gauge files to other folders needed.)

or any other 2d gauge or switch of course.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't even mess with the default 737. You may be interested in the PMDG 737NGX. Then there is an App for your phone or tablet called, PMDGSim. This will have all of the checklists. There is another App, but I decided on this for Sim use.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

Baby steps for me at this point, I can't even fly an ILS manually just yet, nor plan a flight and required fuel consumption.

I'll get to the PMDG eventually, just not yet!

Kind regards,

Trent

I saw the 737 VC does not have a gauge that adds a registration number. So making that smaller is not an option.

One option would be to make the clock a bit smaller and placing the autobrake switch there.

Another one I would consider is one of the annunciator lights. Perhaps one on the overhead.

The default autobrake switch in the default vc does work. It doesn't move, but it does set the autobrake. Hover on it, scroll with mouse, and check the result on the 2d panel.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the advice everyone.

Baby steps for me at this point, I can't even fly an ILS manually just yet, nor plan a flight and required fuel consumption.

I'll get to the PMDG eventually, just not yet!

Kind regards,

Trent

You can use this for fuel planning. https://www.simbrief.com/home/

Archived