Question, comment, minor complaint for the mods

StringBean

As seen in this pic...

Capture.JPG

In days gone by, clicking on the blue button (circled in red) would take you to, as indicated, the first new post of that topic. That is, the oldest, unread post in that topic.

Now clicking on that button takes you to the oldest post in the topic, regardless of how many unread posts there are in that topic.

I really liked the way it used to work, it eliminated me having to browse through topics trying to remember where I left off.

Is there any chance we could get the old functionality back?

FTR, I am using Firefox on Win 8.1. I have tried logging out, clearing browser cache and deleting cookies. None of that seemed to fix it.

This behavior change happened some time ago, I apologize for not reporting it sooner.

Thanks for all of your efforts in running a tight ship.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

• 2 weeks later...

Almost two weeks, 120+ views and no replies?

Three different computers using three different Windows versions all display the same behavior.

Am I the only one experiencing this?

Am I the only one who uses that blue button?

Am I persona non grata?

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Sorry, Bean! I don't think I have ever used that button. Probably due to the fact that I have the topics displayed starting with the newest post first....but then, that's just me..bassackwards Charlie;)

Oh, Great! I push that button once and this is where it takes me!

images.jpeg

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

No, Mr. Bean, sir. I don't have that problem, so I can't even take a WAG at what the trouble is.

Sorry :o

Wow, Zippy! I haven't seen the Time Tunnel in a coon's age. Actually, more like a few coon's generations, really.

I keep expecting the two guys to come running out of it... :rolleyes:

Have great times (pun intended) All!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

No, Mr. Bean, sir. I don't have that problem, so I can't even take a WAG at what the trouble is.

Sorry :o

Wow, Zippy! I haven't seen the Time Tunnel in a coon's age. Actually, more like a few coon's generations, really.

I keep expecting the two guys to come running out of it... :rolleyes:

Have great times (pun intended) All!

Pat☺

Not quite, Pat! I just opened the door to my imagination.

You are traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. Your next stop, the Twilight Zone!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

• Founder

I never actually tried that link before... most of you guys know the forums better than I do :-)

I can tell you that the forum software has not been changed recently. Historically, when people have had complaints like this the cause is usually found to be that they made a setting change, sometimes unknowingly, and the forum is doing just what it's supposed to do.

If you do have problems it's always best to report them directly to me right away, as that will make it easier to tie to any changes we might have made.

Go to your account settings via the settings link at the top of the page.

Then go to My Settings -> General Settings -> Thread Display Mode

and adjust to suit...

There is way more info in the FAQ.

Regards,

Rick

Archived