FSX Instant Scenery and MAIW

usb777

I was playing with the MAIW KNUW Whidbey scenery in my FSX and when I went to make a few changes the Instant Scenery program locked up when compiling. This has only happened with this scenery. Other MAIW files I can make changes. In fact, I installed the Whidbey scenery in my FS9, made the changes and used the new file back in fsx and it worked OK I just can't change anything in that download using IS in FSX. Has anyone else experienced this? I believe must be something in the MAIW itself since my Instant Scenery is working everywhere else.

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

No, just FS9 but most all the MAIW works in FSX. The traffic files need to be changed and the trees are not very good (I just remove them) That is what has puzzled my. Instant Scenery works well with MAIW as well as AirportDesignEditor. I was hoping someone with Instant Scenery could download the MAIW (Military AI Works) Whidbey Island Growlers Complete AI Package and see if they could open up the Whidbey Object Placement.BGL, remove or add something to that file and see if it worked. Now I can add objects to the folder with a new name, a new file just can't rework the existing file.

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

Archived