Feeling brave? Fly Allegiant.

Just keep in mind that it seems that "60 Minutes" looks to sensationalize their subject matter, and they seem to know how to slant things in less than flattering ways. I'm not saying there isn't a problem, but keep their tendencies in mind.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Look at the reporter's sources, look at the factual record, read the quotes from the FAA and the representative pilot who was able to comment, since allegiant management bans its aircrews from speaking about conditions within the airline.

"News is what somebody, somewhere, wants to suppress."

- Lord Northcliffe

Allegiant used to fly in and out of my home town airport here, KFNL. But they ceased operations here claiming there was a lack of a control tower which I think is bunk. But now our airport is getting a so-called "virtual control tower" and I hope with it brings in more regional airlines. I had the opportunity to be an aircraft refueler there, but the hours were odd and my only transportation was my mom. I wanted the job and he wanted to hire me. Had I gotten the job I may have been able to meet President George Bush who flew in Marine One out of there one month before 9/11. He circled around town and over our house. Was pretty cool. Would have been awesome to refuel Marine One. I believe Trump has flown into KFNL in his 757 as well. In fact, he had a rally next door at the Budweiser Events center in 2016. I went, but I was about 25 people away from getting inside the building. Had to stay outside and watch a megatron they had set up. Next time I'll go 4 hours in advance. While there I saw a plane flying overhead with a Trump sign flying on the back. The amount of people there was like Moses leading his people out of Egypt. LOL! :D

Allegiant used to fly in and out of my home town airport here, KFNL.

Maybe Allegiant will return, if they can stay in business after their stock tanks, after the investigations. Looks like the FAA's handling of Allegiant's dubious safety record will get further scrutiny, too. I'm sure there are loyal Allegiant flyers who will still buy the cheap tickets. After all, this is called the "post truth" era, where so many choose to ignore things like facts, public records, and so on.

Kamikaze_1.jpg

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers."

- Thomas Jefferson circa 1983 I believe. :D

1983? Dude, Jefferson died in 1826. :p Here's one that nails it:

"If the newspapers of a country are filled with good news, the jails of that country will be filled with good people."

- Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Archived