Flight Planned (ILS) Circuits of airport

flibby46

Hi all

Is there a way of setting up a flight plan to depart from an airport, do a circuit, and return to the same airport? That is an A-A rather than A-B flight. I quite often 'fly around' Exeter or London City when I only have a short time available, but it would apply anywhere.

flibby - You could always start the circuit, take off, turn to crosswind and then enter the downwind leg, get the aircraft all set-up the way you want it, and then file save at the point of your choosing. You can then simply load that flight at the point you chose, and you can do it over and over again! Nice if you had to cut it short for something else! You can't change the aircraft, time to anything different than what you chose! You can, however, do the same thing with different scenarios, different aircraft, different time of day!

Good luck and happy flying! - Rick

Hi,

You can create IFR Flight Plan from/to same airport:

Create FP

Choose departure location

Choose the same destination

Select IFR Direct GPS

Click find route

Select altitude

OK

Save

Open your flight and load the flight plan from the menu.

Talk to ATC as usual.

Good luck

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

Don't know about the plan. But multiple touch and go's won't work. After first touchdown plan is over.

Many go-arounds could work, if you call the 'going around' early. (300ft or so at least.)

Btw, why a plan? I usually do practice runs likethat without plan, and just contact the tower and ask for landing clearance at some point.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes,

definitely an option to take off VFR and contact tower for landing. But from my experience this way tower does not assign ILS. Obviously you can still do ILS approach. But flying IFR you are actually assigned ILS, or can choose ILS (if available at airport). I have many IFR plans from/to same airport and follow ATC from the start to finish. Important to select direct GPS when plan is created.

Peter

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

Archived