Best A26

Gennaro

Go over t SimOuthouse and read THIS POST. Post #5. It has links to the A26 and various updates to it. THAT is the very best A26 I've ever encountered, and it's Freeware!

There are also quite a few repaints available with a wide variety of nose-art in the SOH download area. Some are really well done, too. Beware, some are NSFW. You know how nose-art in WWII was :D

Go get em!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

(or the BAM B26 pellet gun from China?)

I'm sorry, but BAM is the last word I associate with a pellet gun. Pffffft! Maybe, but NOT BAM.

I own 3 of the buggers, and not a one makes anything even resembling a BAM.

And after 10 years in the Corps, some of it as a Rifle/Pistol Instructor, I am quite familiar with things that go BAM.

I call False Advertizing!

You'll have to mentally picture the false advertizing flag being thrown...

Have fun all!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Phantom,

I went to Simouthouse and was unable to find the "Post#5". I did find a couple of A26 downloads.

Thanks

The link I gave IS Post #5 in that thread.

It has links to all you need to DL and install the freeware A-26 by Milton Shupe, who is a really skilled and proficient aircraft designer. He's made a ton of planes for FS9 and FSX, as well as converting many of his FS9 TO FSX.

Start at Step #1 in the post I linked, and keep on going down to DL and install a very good A-26. It takes a little effort, as he's made updates to the initial upload to SOH library he made. That's why there's more than one Step. You need to DL and install the initial offering from Mr. Shupe, and then install the updates one by one to make the plane the final, quality, plane he made.

The reason there is an initial upload to the library and then a series of updates is that the SOH library doesn't permit changing files that have been placed there. Some libraries do, some don't.

SO, Mr. Shupe uploaded the original plane he made, then, as he and others made updates to it, he uploaded them. Thus, a number of "things" you need to download and install to get the final result.

Does this help at all?

Pat☺

PS: Mr. Gennaro, if I may ask you a question aside from installing planes. If it makes no sense to you, just ignore me, and accept my apology for wasting your time. Would you, by any chance, be a Sluggite? Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Somehow, il88pp managed to say in 3 sentences what it took me 3 paragraphs to say.

Thanks, man! :D

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I obviously am not cut out for this. I finally found and dowloaded the A-26, but now my computer refuses to run FS 2004. I am willing to try another program but not willing to keep experimenting wit programs that don't work. X-plane will run but the A-26 is awful. I have no idea why FS 2004 won't run on my computer. As I mentioned I get a message asking if I want to allow changes and when I say yes I still wont Run. Would FSX be wort a try?

Ok. first, X-Plane and MSFS planes aren't interchangeable. Planes made for one will not function correctly, if at all, in FS9 or FSX.

Now, let's get you set up with the A-26. First, follow THIS LINK. It will take you to the Library here on FlightSim, in which THE A-26 for FS9 iis located. It has the various updates needed to run it properly in FS9.

Just download it and store it someplace for now. First, let's get your FS9 up and running.

Can you get FS9 to run at all? With or without installing any planes or scenery? As I said, I have a bad feeling you installed your FS9 into C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files(X86). If you did, that's a whole nother can of worms. I'll presume not for now...

Can you dig up everything the auto-installer installed? Did it install anything at all? IF you can find what it installed, can you go in manually and UN install it all? The plane's folder in \Airplanes, the gauges it may have installed in \Gauges folder, any effects files in \Effects? If you can, will FS9 run properly once you delete them all?

Did FS9 run correctly before you embarked on this little adventure?

By the way, will FS9 run if you answer NO to that pop-up box, instead of YES? About "changing" the program?

A little trick I found, BTW: Can you find your FS9.cfg file? If so, try going in and deleting anything following the equals sign in a line that reads "Situation=" . Use NotePad, included in all Windows installs. Once you find the Situation= line, just delete everything after the = sign on that one line. Save it and close the .cfg file, and try running FS9. If it will, problem solved. If not, we'll keep working. Try the other stuff I posted above.

Let me know what happens. I'm hoping we can get you back to a good starting point for all this.

BTW: If you want, look into FSX Steam,, or FSX:SE, as it's known. It is very often on sale for a very good price. Like $5.00-$10.00. Even the regular price of $25.00 is pretty reasonable.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm discouraged. I uninstalled FS2004 and then re-installed it. It is now in Windows8_OS(C:) my documents. The shortcut does nothing. If I go to the location and select fs9exe, nothing. I'm sorry for the time i have caused others to waste.

Last Posting to this thread. I'm done. I tried one more uninstall and attempt to re-install. When running disk #1 I get to 19% and get the following message. MsFS 2004 encountered a disk errorwhile writing to the fileC:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Bill\Flight Sim 2004 Files\Aircraft\Lear45\sound\xlbn1strt.wav. Make sure your had disk is not full, and that the file is not in use.

Last Posting to this thread. I'm done. I tried one more uninstall and attempt to re-install. When running disk #1 I get to 19% and get the following message. MsFS 2004 encountered a disk errorwhile writing to the fileC:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Bill\Flight Sim 2004 Files\Aircraft\Lear45\sound\xlbn1strt.wav. Make sure your had disk is not full, and that the file is not in use.

Copy the disks to your hard drive and run the install from there.

Archived