multiple pages of file downloads from same source

cobalt

The FSX file library for April 11 contained more than 30 pages --PAGES! -- of downloads of flight plans for Air India. I hope this was just a glitch, and not normally allowed. These surely could have been consolidated into one, or a few, files for downloading, could they not?

+1 . Quote: '..could have been consolidated into one, or a few, files for downloading..'. Total of all 61 files (68 kb to 111 kb) is only 5 mb.

I also thought the same thing. It is ridiculous. One zip and let the downloader decide which ones he/she uses. Ridiculous. (Maybe if we ridicule them they will 'go away mad' like you know who). Ha.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

This way each file has a description. Makes it easy to find what you need.

(Btw, the file lib has a very good "advanced search" page. No need to download all new files every day. Just search for tings you really want when you want them.).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Of course, there's a good searching tool but I check about twice a week for new repaints

for "refreshing" my park of twenty A2A and Carenado planes. And I'm not the only one doing so...

... And not the only one to be surprise by 35 pages of flight plans...

Daniel

i7-4790K @4400 on Gigabyte Z97X (16gb), GeForce GTX 970 OC, Corsair Spec case

Win7 Ult(64) on Samsung850 SSD(256), FSX+Accell on Samsung850 SSD(256), Track IR5

Saitek yoke/rudder radio/multi/switch panels, Logitech G13, GMap on Samsung tab

Nels posted yesterday that he edited the dates of those files to help out another member. That is what caused this. And no, AIG is not going to change the way they package their plans seeing they have always released them one at a time.
http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

Quote: 'No need to download all new files every day..'

I would like to know WHO that person (or persons) is that is/are downloading ALL NEW FILES EVERY DAY. Got a name(s)? (Cheesh!).

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

• Founder

I just want to remind people that the new files lists are nothing more than pre-programmed file library searches. If they do not fit your needs you can always use our basic or advanced searches to find the files you want. Did you know you can search by date range? You could do so to exclude the one day when all these files appeared.

If you don't like how Alpha India Group releases their flight plans, then I suggest you contact them directly and offer your suggestions.

Last year (3/05/2017) AIG had 30 files uploaded. There were about 5 different authors uploading. So to give them credit the individual uploads were justified. The 4/11/2018 31 pages of individual files all had only 'by Alpha India Group' as author with no individual names.

So you go to look at what's new, you go page to page and there is no end to the listings by AIG. If you got fed up and quit looking you would have missed 5 very good files (dated 4/11/2018). Comac C919 for FS9 and for FSX (67 and 100 dnlds). LFIK Aerodrome, France, FSX (97 dnlds). LL35 Chicago Fire Heliport for FS9 (56 dnlds of 565 Mb!) and Westwood-Walks, UK, FSX, (126 dnlds of 716 Mb!). Just pointing out the 'reality' of 31 pages of 'new' files that only TOTAL 5 mb. 5 MEGABYTES? Bogus!

Chuck B

Napamule

I just want to remind people that the new files lists are nothing more than pre-programmed file library searches. If they do not fit your needs you can always use our basic or advanced searches to find the files you want. Did you know you can search by date range? You could do so to exclude the one day when all these files appeared.

If you don't like how Alpha India Group releases their flight plans, then I suggest you contact them directly and offer your suggestions.

Nels, your advice is fine for folks who are searching for particular items, but for those of us who are simply looking at the most recent files to see what is new, it's not very useful. Having to look at 30 pages of repetitive files from the same source seems (as an earlier comment put it) ridiculous.

This situation has come up before -- I recall someone once posting a very large number of repaints of one aircraft, as individual files occupying multiple pages. I believe the author was advised that in the future he should package his repaints in a single file -- much more efficient and far less irritating. Is there some reason that could not be done in the present case?

I entered these search criteria...

Capture.JPG

...and get basically what you get with the "new files" search, without the AIG files. 39 pages instead of 66.

The search engine on this site is the best there is on any flight sim file library. Period.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

It's the 'You Tube - Gone Viral' mentality. If you want to get 'noticed' you have to do something outrageous. That's all it is. Pure marketing. Then can't be that bassackwards. Or are they?

So Bean you suggest I go to 'Search' and fill in a form (watch out for typos!) everyday just to switch out AIG from the SEARCH? Don't make sense son. AIG only comes in here once every 3 months or so. Not everyday! Does not compute. Maybe we can ask Congress to pass a law? Wait. They ain't doing that anymore. I guess we are stuck. The insanity continues. Everybody is up in arms. And all for nothing. Forget I said anything. As you were!

Chuck B

Napamule

Archived