Two old Volcanos

Rupert

I love Wikipedia!! Almost every single day they have some hugely interesting facts and scenes on their home page. And usually they provide GPS coordinates so even Bob can tell the valleys and mountains apart.

Today when I looked at Wikipedia one article was about Mt. Tambora in Indonesia. It was a volcano that erupted and killed many thousands of people. So when I found Bima Airport (WADB) was nearby, I called my copilot, Sue Ling, and we took the HondaJet to Bima to see the volcano.

Getting there we discovered another even higher volcano was near the Mataram Airport about 45 miles away. So we decided to see them both. The shots which look bowl shaped, are exactly that. They are the, currently dormant volcano bowls. In both cases I would be a little nervous living where many of those people live!!:eek::eek:

Michael

BTW: This is scenery is stock FSX software plus ORBX Global. And the HondaJet, complete with copilot, is freeware from the FlightSim.com File Library. :cool:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

4.5.jpg

5.jpg

6 TheBowl.jpg

6 bowl back.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Michael your trips just keep getting crater and crater! :p I quite enjoyed the hole thing. :rolleyes:

There is no end of volcanism in Indonesia. You're going to be at this for a looong time. -- Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-7700 3.6GHz / GTX1660 6GB / 32GB RAM / 49" Samsung CHG90 / WIN10

Michael your trips just keep getting crater and crater! :p I quite enjoyed the hole thing. :rolleyes:

There is no end of volcanism in Indonesia. You're going to be at this for a looong time. -- Bob

Hey Bob, I think you may be right. If you're playing with craters, you just might end up with a valley. Or in the case of the approximately 70,000 people living near Mt. Tambora, a lot of hot rocks!! :o

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Archived