FDSFX Panel Help

Is anyone using this add on with FSX Steam? I've installed it exactly as according to the instructions and the video on You Tube and cannot get it to work with the default Boeing 737. It says it's for FS 2004 but someone said it should work on FSX. It's for cabin announcements for anyone no familiar with it. Thanks

Make sure there is no other section with the same number as the fdsfx section.

Make sure the number at the top (windowXX=fdsfx)

matches the section number lower down.

After that it should at least be in the selection list. (restart of fsx required.)

to have it working too:

Make sure all .gau files are installed in the panel folder.

I think there's also a background image to install in the panel folder.

Make sure the folder with the sounds in it is installed in fsx/sound. (Install the Folder with the sounds inside it. Don't take them out.).

Make sure the .ini file is in the correct location. I think that's fsx/gauges. Not sure, check the readme.txt.

Locations of files are essential to have this work. Can't just put them where ever you like.

It does work in fsx.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 5 months later...

Could anyone please spell it for me what is said in the file 09_Pushback_Capt Marcus.mp3 of the FDSFX panel, like Hi folks, welcome aboard! From the flight deck this is your captain speaking. We're preparing...

And please the file 14_Cruise_Capt Marcus.mp3

Well, good day, Ladies and Gentlemen from the flight deck! We've leveled...

Both files are here:

https://vocaroo.com/i/s1t82kw5SAfn

https://vocaroo.com/i/s0e582ojRpmr

Thanks

Do you actually need each word typed out or do you really need an interpretation of what is being said?

To button up the ship means to close all doors, overhead storage containers, galley drawers and cabinets and make the plane ready for takeoff.

#14 Captain says the aircraft is at cruise altitude, so the seatbelt sign is off and you can move about the cabin.

What is your native language and I'll see if any foreign language recordings are available?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Do you actually need each word typed out or do you really need an interpretation of what is being said?

To button up the ship means to close all doors, overhead storage containers, galley drawers and cabinets and make the plane ready for takeoff.

Regarding buttoning up it was both, very interesting! Thanks! Never heard it used this way. It's my understanding it means something like give up moorings for a boat, right?

As to what else is being said please correct me if I'm wrong and what is said in the [square brackets]:

And we should be pushing back [???????] very shortly. So again welcome aboard! And we'll be talking to you a bit later after take off. So enjoy your flight!

Second:

Well, good day, Ladies and Gentlemen from the flight deck! We've leveled at our cruise altitude so I'm gonna turn off the seat belt sign at this time.

So you're free to move about as necessary, however when seated we would like you to keep your seat belts comfortable fastened for your safety.

We've just checked the weather and expect smooth sailing for the most of the flight. So for the most part we're gonna stay quiet [???????????]. And we'll be talking with you later on the flight.

Thanks

"We should be pushing back [here] very shortly".

""We are going to stay quiet [and let you enjoy the service].

These recordings are very scratchy and sometimes difficult to understand. I was just playing the MP3 files without installing it anywhere. I did turn up the volume to understand what was being said.

I have to admit in all the years of FDSFX I've never quite read a thread like this. ;)

Hey avsimavsim, this is Marcus. I created those announcements "scratchy" on purpose to try and sound more like a voice in flight and not like it was recorded in a studio. FDSFX was created so you can swap out any announcement with others. There are plenty out there for download if you get tired of my voice, ha! Also you could just record your own voice and plug it in.

Glad to hear after so many years simmers are still enjoying this little add-on.

Marcus

I have to admit in all the years of FDSFX I've never quite read a thread like this. ;)

Hey avsimavsim, this is Marcus. I created those announcements "scratchy" on purpose to try and sound more like a voice in flight and not like it was recorded in a studio. FDSFX was created so you can swap out any announcement with others. There are plenty out there for download if you get tired of my voice, ha! Also you could just record your own voice and plug it in.

Marcus

I still use it to this day in my Lear 45. I do know it's not very realistic for a Lear being a private jet, but it's neat to have. Back in FS2004 I resized and embedded the individual switches and placed them in the overhead of my PMDG 737. I did have another gauge that said announcements automatically, but I long lost its name now. I had that deployed in my PMDG B1900D.

I did edit the audio using Wavepad with my own voice and I did the same thing for my pushback gauge.

Marcus

Any new airliner I acquire, be it freeware or payware, I add this guage first. I would like to know the procedure for adding my own voice! Thanks Marcus!

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Any new airliner I acquire, be it freeware or payware, I add this guage first. I would like to know the procedure for adding my own voice! Thanks Marcus!

I suppose you'd make an MP3 recording of whatever you want to say and then substitute it.

That's about it Mr. Zippy - purty basic.

I used to use some sort of software to add a little noise and make it sound like it was coming from an intercom. Granted, a little more distortion than the typical clarity you hear in today's flight.

Just save a message with your PC mic. Save as an mp3 and give it name. I would use similar names that one could recognize from the original 21 (?) recordings. I would place these custom recordings into their own folders like by airline or type of flight (day, night). Can't remember if I explained that in the original README file... they were pretty bad if I remember.

What I liked was I saw other simmers catching on and creating their own for other airlines and posting. There must be a few dozen out there. Even found one for GA and bush flying.

It's all good.

Clutch

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Marcus, I made a panel based on yours and uploaded it to Flightsim. Sorry I did not get your permission first to modify it but I did try to get in touch with by email that I found in the FDSFX readme.

I also put in the package your original readme and gave credit in mine to all the guys you mentioned in the readme.

I did it with Boeing, Airbus, and Tupolev skin and added more switches for it to sound like FSPassengers. So far it is with Russian and Ukrainian crew packs recorded from real flights. Planning to do more. Hope you like the mod and it will get as many downloads as your panel :)

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=copyright&fid=198338

Archived