Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: FDSFX Panel Help

1. Default

...preparing to close the doors and button the ship up.

...We've leveled at our cruise altitude.

Do you need a full dictation?

My forum project
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Pick an Amazon wish list, help a child out
    Why Windows 10 suxx
    FS2004 and FSX are CPU ORIENTATED games. Don't go hog wild on a GPU! Won't matter.
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CRJ_simpilot View Post
    Do you need a full dictation?
    Yes, please.

Quote Originally Posted by CRJ_simpilot View Post
    ...preparing to close the doors and button the ship up.
    Please explain it further. Where is the ship up button located?

Thanks

Do you actually need each word typed out or do you really need an interpretation of what is being said?

To button up the ship means to close all doors, overhead storage containers, galley drawers and cabinets and make the plane ready for takeoff.

#14 Captain says the aircraft is at cruise altitude, so the seatbelt sign is off and you can move about the cabin.

What is your native language and I'll see if any foreign language recordings are available?
    Last edited by mrzippy; 09-13-2018 at 03:36 PM.
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mrzippy View Post
    Do you actually need each word typed out or do you really need an interpretation of what is being said?

To button up the ship means to close all doors, overhead storage containers, galley drawers and cabinets and make the plane ready for takeoff.
    Regarding buttoning up it was both, very interesting! Thanks! Never heard it used this way. It's my understanding it means something like give up moorings for a boat, right?

As to what else is being said please correct me if I'm wrong and what is said in the [square brackets]:

And we should be pushing back [???????] very shortly. So again welcome aboard! And we'll be talking to you a bit later after take off. So enjoy your flight!
    Second:

Well, good day, Ladies and Gentlemen from the flight deck! We've leveled at our cruise altitude so I'm gonna turn off the seat belt sign at this time.

So you're free to move about as necessary, however when seated we would like you to keep your seat belts comfortable fastened for your safety.

We've just checked the weather and expect smooth sailing for the most of the flight. So for the most part we're gonna stay quiet [???????????]. And we'll be talking with you later on the flight.
    Thanks
    Last edited by avsimavsim; 09-13-2018 at 05:42 PM.

"We should be pushing back [here] very shortly".

""We are going to stay quiet [and let you enjoy the service].

These recordings are very scratchy and sometimes difficult to understand. I was just playing the MP3 files without installing it anywhere. I did turn up the volume to understand what was being said.

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mrzippy View Post
    [and let you enjoy the service].
    sounds like there's something before service:
    [and let you enjoy [???came???] service]
    Maybe Marcus will clear things up.

Quote Originally Posted by avsimavsim View Post
    sounds like there's something before service:

Maybe Marcus will clear things up.
    Sorry....enjoy the entertainment and service. Probably the movie and the food service.

I have to admit in all the years of FDSFX I've never quite read a thread like this.

Hey avsimavsim, this is Marcus. I created those announcements "scratchy" on purpose to try and sound more like a voice in flight and not like it was recorded in a studio. FDSFX was created so you can swap out any announcement with others. There are plenty out there for download if you get tired of my voice, ha! Also you could just record your own voice and plug it in.

Glad to hear after so many years simmers are still enjoying this little add-on.

Marcus
    "simwestDESIGN"

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch Cargo View Post
    I have to admit in all the years of FDSFX I've never quite read a thread like this.

Hey avsimavsim, this is Marcus. I created those announcements "scratchy" on purpose to try and sound more like a voice in flight and not like it was recorded in a studio. FDSFX was created so you can swap out any announcement with others. There are plenty out there for download if you get tired of my voice, ha! Also you could just record your own voice and plug it in.

Marcus
    I still use it to this day in my Lear 45. I do know it's not very realistic for a Lear being a private jet, but it's neat to have. Back in FS2004 I resized and embedded the individual switches and placed them in the overhead of my PMDG 737. I did have another gauge that said announcements automatically, but I long lost its name now. I had that deployed in my PMDG B1900D.

I did edit the audio using Wavepad with my own voice and I did the same thing for my pushback gauge.

My forum project
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Pick an Amazon wish list, help a child out
    Why Windows 10 suxx
    FS2004 and FSX are CPU ORIENTATED games. Don't go hog wild on a GPU! Won't matter.
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch Cargo View Post

Marcus
    Any new airliner I acquire, be it freeware or payware, I add this guage first. I would like to know the procedure for adding my own voice! Thanks Marcus!
    Dell XPS X8300 Intel core i7-2600(3.4 GHZ,8 MB Cache) 8 GB memory 1.5 TB HDD 2 GB Nvidia 1050 ti graphics card Windows 7

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast