PMDG to announce new product line

CRJ_simpilot

I just read over at AVsim that at FlightSimExpo in Vegas this June PMDG will announce a new product line that has been in the works for ten years. Many are speculating a new Sim. I kinda hope it is and I hope it's worth a damn. LOL I personally think FSX and FS2004 are getting a little worn in the tooth and P3D is no different than FSX really. I have faith that if it is a new Sim, then knowing how great their add-on aircraft are, perhaps a Sim they make will be pretty good too.

• 3 weeks later...
Really? Wow! It has me fooled, then.

Is it not based on FSX ESP?

Does it not have the same crappy ATC with no SID and STAR support?

Does it not have planes land at the same time when there should be separation?

I could go on and on. Fact of the matter is, it's just as dumb as FSX in terms of Simulation. The only thing that's changed is more memory allotment and some eye candy.

Hopefully after 10 years of development and if this is indeed a new Sim, it will be worth a damn like I said. I want realism and PMDG is pretty good with that.

I don't know, I've lost my trust in PMDG. They did go very fast and without notification with getting support, patches and liveries from there website for FS2004 and FSX. They didn't make any legacy page for costumers that did buy there products in the past. For example take captainsim products, you can get liveries for FS9 still today free for download. That's what I call costumer care we pay, they deliver. And there are some others out there that do the same. I don't know of course how the products from PMDG are today, but in the time period of FS9 i saw better one and more realistic. And i did buy B737 family, B744 and the MD-11 toppers in that time from PMDG.

752_users_banner.gifx701captain3.jpg

Freedom is in the sky

By Leon Charlier

I'd be very doubtful if it's a sim. They would need a team and haven't done any recruitment. They would need to be able to do things ten times faster and there's no track record of that. They woul dneed new offices and a raft of tech product. No history of that.

FSX and ESP are tied up on agreements dor development and distribution so it couldn't be them

Most likely it's a new jet product line. For X-Plane and P3D.

And that's hardly exciting - `a sim jet developer develops a jet for the sim...` Wake me up after it's happened.

Ten years in the making?

If it's a range of aircraft with every variant modeled at study level and in PMDG detail, why not?

Dare I suggest Airbus as an example...

So somethings afoot. Wonder what it is...

12 inches, or 30 centimetres!

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Most likely it's a new jet product line. For X-Plane and P3D.

While it's possible they're going to introduce a 64-bit-only product line, but then the PMDG management has to be making the decision not to make the most profit by omitting the biggest flightsim community, FSX\FSX-SE ... if, IF they choose the "niche-market-only" route.

• 1 month later...
Yawn..........
Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

This weekend we shall know the answer. What could it possibly be for a project that's been in the making since 2008? Would be awesome if it was really a new Sim, but as suggested it could be a new product line like Airbus.

Given the rate of release for PMDG, even if they announce it in 10 days and it's been in development for ten years, it's at least another 5 years before it comes out and we'll all be using X-Plane 20 by then... :rolleyes:

Even ten years in development won't make it exciting.

Most of PMDG offerings are underwhelming with the fullness of time: Their DC-6 I didn't even reinstall in P3Dv4 until recently - after nearly a year. Still haven't got round to messing with it. One can become expert without it ever becoming a `must have`.

I am SO prepared to be underwhelmed.

I can’t imagine it’s another aircraft apart from what’s being developed.

As I said earlier IFly also been working on a big commercial product. I’m not sure an actual new sim would work. Or that they’d have the time to develop one.

Would you design and sell your own operating system that would solve many issues of products not working and updates that mess with exisiting products causing issues?

Who knows? And who cares? I’m using W7 and FS9 so I dont have that problem. :D

Great post.....I couldn't agree more.....Doug
Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

Thanks CRJ - so it's Global Flight Operations, a kind of FSCaptain/FSEconomy program which works with any aircraft, but only PMDG's own Boeing series will have full ACARS functionality at the moment.

I wonder if it'll work with FSCaptain/FSEconomy/FSPassengers/AirHauler and the rest?

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I can't believe there's a big demand for this. But, I suppose one has to assume they know what they're doing. I'm just glad it's not my 10 years worth of development costs that have to recouped.

I am so underwhelmed...

Luckily, I prepared for it... :o

OMFG! People love to bash us FS9 users stating we are so far behind but I am STILL finding everything after FS9 totally underwhelming!

I agree with you mallcott regarding announcement.

I am personally going straight back to my FS9. Probably for the next decade or two at least! lol

Mark Daniels

Archived