Dxgi error device hung

shlomiA

Hi

I have same problem always when i try to do flight in P3D

I tried any routes like LLBG-KLAX or KLAX-YSSY and it always happens that after 3-5 hours of flight the sim crash because of my graphic card crashed.

I have GTX 1080 and I7 6700K.

I always get this error message:

https://m.imgur.com/a/8MRnv

What can be the reason for this?

Maybe it something that related to high temperature of the graphic card? because i feel hard heat that come out from my PC when i in the simulator... Even i have liquid cooler (H115i Corsair)

Any solution? Thank you Very much!

My PC:

i7 6700k 4.2Ghz

GTX 1080

16GB Ram

Corsair h115i liquid cooling

Samsung 850 Pro SSD

y0HFopO_d.jpg

Edited by shlomiA

The issue is likely caused by a faulty driver installation.

You need to do a full, clean reinstallation of the latest approved driver from your manufacturers website.

Note I said the card manufacturers website, NOT Nvidia, so it might not be the latest version available.

In your computer's BIOS you should be able to what the temperatures are inside the computer. If they are high, then check that the fans are operating, and if necessary clean the computer, blowing dust out from the case.

And do as Mallcott says and do a clean driver installation. You might also want to install the DirectX Redistributables from Microsoft.

Jorgen

I would start with nVidia tech support.

Jorgen

I asked there.. no one response...

The issue is likely caused by a faulty driver installation.

You need to do a full, clean reinstallation of the latest approved driver from your manufacturers website.

Note I said the card manufacturers website, NOT Nvidia, so it might not be the latest version available.

I did it.. it was old version that I downloaded from Gigabyte website but didn't help - same crash error.

In your computer's BIOS you should be able to what the temperatures are inside the computer. If they are high, then check that the fans are operating, and if necessary clean the computer, blowing dust out from the case.

And do as Mallcott says and do a clean driver installation. You might also want to install the DirectX Redistributables from Microsoft.

Jorgen

I able to see this immediately after the crash and the temperatures about 48-50 ° and second after P3D closed it become lower.. I cleaned my computer well outside and inside..

Reinstalled DirectX but again didn't help..

Thank you anyway!

Edited by shlomiA

So, please explain in detail how you did the full, clean reinstallation of these older drivers?

I can tell you the error has nothing to do with temperature.

I downloaded DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) and did a clean and full uninstall of the drivers and just downloaded older drivers and installed it.. thats it

I downloaded DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) and did a clean and full uninstall of the drivers and just downloaded older drivers and installed it.. thats it

So you didn't rebuild the shaders file in P3D. If you are going to rebuild drivers from scratch you also need to rebuild the shader file - you can search to find out how to do that.

Also I take it you haven't rebuilt the Prepar3d .cfg file? Done a repair install of P3D?

Do those, too.

So you didn't rebuild the shaders file in P3D. If you are going to rebuild drivers from scratch you also need to rebuild the shader file - you can search to find out how to do that.

Also I take it you haven't rebuilt the Prepar3d .cfg file? Done a repair install of P3D?

Do those, too.

I did it.. I deleted all Lockheed Martin folders including Shaders folder and also P3D.cfg.

But I didn’t do repair of P3D

Do you think it will solve the problem? But I also don’t want to be with very old drivers... but if it will solve it, it will be great.

Thank you so much.

I did it.. I deleted all Lockheed Martin folders including Shaders folder and also P3D.cfg.

But I didn’t do repair of P3D

Do you think it will solve the problem? But I also don’t want to be with very old drivers... but if it will solve it, it will be great.

Thank you so much.

Previous issues with this error code were solved by reverting to older manufacturer drivers before installing new on top, so no I don't think you will have to stick with older drivers but first you have to get P3D to a sustainable level of performance so that's your starting point. As the problem only occurs with the sim there is an outside chance that a repair or file clearance might fix it but have you tried the same stress test with the older drivers?

Previous issues with this error code were solved by reverting to older manufacturer drivers before installing new on top, so no I don't think you will have to stick with older drivers but first you have to get P3D to a sustainable level of performance so that's your starting point. As the problem only occurs with the sim there is an outside chance that a repair or file clearance might fix it but have you tried the same stress test with the older drivers?

I reverted to older manufacturer drivers and then made i repair in P3D installer and it is working great!!!

I did a flight from LLBG-KLAX about 14 hours in night and worked perfectly!

I did also flight from KLAX-KJFK 5 hours flight and worked great!

Also the graphics looks great, but now i installed latest drivers from NVIDIA and i didn't check the simulator again - Do you think it will work good now?

Thank you so much!!!! You helped me so much!

I reverted to older manufacturer drivers and then made i repair in P3D installer and it is working great!!!

I did a flight from LLBG-KLAX about 14 hours in night and worked perfectly!

I did also flight from KLAX-KJFK 5 hours flight and worked great!

Also the graphics looks great, but now i installed latest drivers from NVIDIA and i didn't check the simulator again - Do you think it will work good now?

Thank you so much!!!! You helped me so much!

Good to know and it should be OK now. Were it to happens again, at least you know it's the drivers.

...But I dont think it will happen again.

Good to know and it should be OK now. Were it to happens again, at least you know it's the drivers.

...But I dont think it will happen again.

Hi

Just installed the latest drivers and it happened again - I did flight from KJFK-LLBG and simulator crashed after 1 hour and half

What can I do except stay with older drivers? maybe try to do repair like I did after I installed older manufacturer drivers and then it worked?

Thank you so much!

This issue is being discussed in two threads on LM's P3D support forum.

It seems the solution is to uninstall the nVidia drivers, do a cleanup, and then do a clean install of the latest drivers.

The threads on the P3D forum have all the necessary links.

Jorgen

It’s working with legacy driver only.. and then If I install latest driver the problem begin again.

I guess that have nothing to do... unfortunately..

I tried everything

• 8 months later...
It’s working with legacy driver only.. and then If I install latest driver the problem begin again.

I guess that have nothing to do... unfortunately..

I tried everything

Kind of an old post, but I'm having the same problem. I find it happens when I am making a flight and I start watching Youtube videos enroute. Not sure if it's related...

There once was someone in the FSX threads who had issues because he was running iTunes during a flight. Kind of the same issue when you want to watch videos during a flight.

Now, my question is: which real-life pilot watches videos or listens to music during a flight?

And my answer is: he does NOT, if he wants to remain a pilot, not to mention alive.

Jorgen

• 8 months later...

Absolutely. I quit playing videos while flying and the problem has not occurred since. I tried watching again, and it hung again. That solves my issue. And I wasn't even watching, merely listening.

And Jorgen, if this was the real world, I obviously would not be watching videos.