Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dxgi error device hung

Default Dxgi error device hung

Hi

I have same problem always when i try to do flight in P3D

I tried any routes like LLBG-KLAX or KLAX-YSSY and it always happens that after 3-5 hours of flight the sim crash because of my graphic card crashed.

I have GTX 1080 and I7 6700K.

I always get this error message:

https://m.imgur.com/a/8MRnv

What can be the reason for this?

Maybe it something that related to high temperature of the graphic card? because i feel hard heat that come out from my PC when i in the simulator... Even i have liquid cooler (H115i Corsair)

Any solution? Thank you Very much!

My PC:
    i7 6700k 4.2Ghz
    GTX 1080
    16GB Ram
    Corsair h115i liquid cooling
    Samsung 850 Pro SSD
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by shlomiA; 04-04-2018 at 08:55 PM.

I would start with nVidia tech support.

Jorgen

The issue is likely caused by a faulty driver installation.

You need to do a full, clean reinstallation of the latest approved driver from your manufacturers website.

Note I said the card manufacturers website, NOT Nvidia, so it might not be the latest version available.

In your computer's BIOS you should be able to what the temperatures are inside the computer. If they are high, then check that the fans are operating, and if necessary clean the computer, blowing dust out from the case.

And do as Mallcott says and do a clean driver installation. You might also want to install the DirectX Redistributables from Microsoft.

Jorgen

Quote Originally Posted by jorgen.s.andersen View Post
    I would start with nVidia tech support.

Jorgen
    I asked there.. no one response...

Quote Originally Posted by mallcott View Post
    The issue is likely caused by a faulty driver installation.

You need to do a full, clean reinstallation of the latest approved driver from your manufacturers website.

Note I said the card manufacturers website, NOT Nvidia, so it might not be the latest version available.
    I did it.. it was old version that I downloaded from Gigabyte website but didn't help - same crash error.

Quote Originally Posted by jorgen.s.andersen View Post
    In your computer's BIOS you should be able to what the temperatures are inside the computer. If they are high, then check that the fans are operating, and if necessary clean the computer, blowing dust out from the case.

And do as Mallcott says and do a clean driver installation. You might also want to install the DirectX Redistributables from Microsoft.

Jorgen
    I able to see this immediately after the crash and the temperatures about 48-50 ° and second after P3D closed it become lower.. I cleaned my computer well outside and inside..
    Reinstalled DirectX but again didn't help..
    Thank you anyway!
    Last edited by shlomiA; 04-07-2018 at 01:05 PM.

So, please explain in detail how you did the full, clean reinstallation of these older drivers?

I can tell you the error has nothing to do with temperature.

So, please explain in detail how you did the full, clean reinstallation of these older drivers?

I can tell you the error has nothing to do with temperature.
    I downloaded DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) and did a clean and full uninstall of the drivers and just downloaded older drivers and installed it.. thats it

Quote Originally Posted by shlomiA View Post
    I downloaded DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) and did a clean and full uninstall of the drivers and just downloaded older drivers and installed it.. thats it
    So you didn't rebuild the shaders file in P3D. If you are going to rebuild drivers from scratch you also need to rebuild the shader file - you can search to find out how to do that.

Also I take it you haven't rebuilt the Prepar3d .cfg file? Done a repair install of P3D?

Do those, too.

So you didn't rebuild the shaders file in P3D. If you are going to rebuild drivers from scratch you also need to rebuild the shader file - you can search to find out how to do that.

Also I take it you haven't rebuilt the Prepar3d .cfg file? Done a repair install of P3D?

Do those, too.
    I did it.. I deleted all Lockheed Martin folders including Shaders folder and also P3D.cfg.
    But I didn’t do repair of P3D
    Do you think it will solve the problem? But I also don’t want to be with very old drivers... but if it will solve it, it will be great.
    Thank you so much.

Quote Originally Posted by shlomiA View Post
    I did it.. I deleted all Lockheed Martin folders including Shaders folder and also P3D.cfg.
    But I didn’t do repair of P3D
    Do you think it will solve the problem? But I also don’t want to be with very old drivers... but if it will solve it, it will be great.
    Thank you so much.
    Previous issues with this error code were solved by reverting to older manufacturer drivers before installing new on top, so no I don't think you will have to stick with older drivers but first you have to get P3D to a sustainable level of performance so that's your starting point. As the problem only occurs with the sim there is an outside chance that a repair or file clearance might fix it but have you tried the same stress test with the older drivers?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast