Career Mode Beta

tiger1962

FSW now has a built-in Career Mode in Beta test phase.

Choose your own base airport to fly from and then choose from three different jobs at the start of each flight.

All the default aircraft are available, if you have completed the first two lessons.

Earn Company Reputation to gain your own aircraft, and build cash profits for your company.

If you want to change your first choice of base airport without losing your career stats, here's how:

Make a backup copy of your existing Career.JSON file located in:

C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Dovetail Games\FSW

Delete or remove your existing Career.JSON file from the above location.

Launch FSW Career Mode Beta, enter your existing Company name, select a new Base Airport and close FSW. This will save a new Career.JSON file.

Open your backed-up Career.JSON file with a text editor (Notepad or Notepad++) and copy everything from the "Fleet" line down.

Open your new Career.JSON file in: C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Dovetail Games\FSW

Paste over everything from the "Fleet" line down and save the file.

Relaunch FSW Career Mode Beta and start flying from your new Base.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

In Career Mode Beta, you must have Advanced Weather active in the Settings menu.

If you find the weather and turbulence gets too rough in Career Mode Beta, turn off G-Effects in the Settings menu and de-activate Accufeel by editing the dll.xml file with Notepad:

Open dll.xml in the main FSW directory with Notepad or Notepad++

In the two Accufeel sections, change false to true

Then Save and close dll.xml.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Archived