Thread: Career Mode Beta

Default Career Mode Beta

FSW now has a built-in Career Mode in Beta test phase.
    Choose your own base airport to fly from and then choose from three different jobs at the start of each flight.
    All the default aircraft are available, if you have completed the first two lessons.
    Earn Company Reputation to gain your own aircraft, and build cash profits for your company.

If you want to change your first choice of base airport without losing your career stats, here's how:

Make a backup copy of your existing Career.JSON file located in:

C:\Users\<yourname>AppData\Roaming\Dovetail Games\FSW

Delete or remove your existing Career.JSON file from the above location.

Launch FSW Career Mode Beta, enter your existing Company name, select a new Base Airport and close FSW. This will save a new Career.JSON file.

Open your backed-up Career.JSON file with a text editor (Notepad or Notepad++) and copy everything from the "Fleet" line down.

Open your new Career.JSON file in: C:\Users\<yourname>AppData\Roaming\Dovetail Games\FSW

Paste over everything from the "Fleet" line down and save the file.

Relaunch FSW Career Mode Beta and start flying from your new Base.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.2GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 16Gb 3500MHz Ram, 1TB & 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Asus K272HL 27" Monitor, Windows 10 Pro x64

In Career Mode Beta, you must have Advanced Weather active in the Settings menu.
    If you find the weather and turbulence gets too rough in Career Mode Beta, turn off G-Effects in the Settings menu and de-activate Accufeel by editing the dll.xml file with Notepad:

Open dll.xml in the main FSW directory with Notepad or Notepad++
    In the two Accufeel sections, change <Disabled>false</Disabled> to <Disabled>true</Disabled>
    Then Save and close dll.xml.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.2GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 16Gb 3500MHz Ram, 1TB & 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Asus K272HL 27" Monitor, Windows 10 Pro x64

Thanks Tim - concise and very useful!
    Cheers - Dai.