FSX Steam "Microsoft Flight Simulator has stopped working"

Hi all,

I am having serious issues with my FSX right now.

Randomly throughout flights FSX will freeze hang and show the :Microsoft Flight Simulator X (Not Responding) in the top left where it says the name of the application. It will then hang and crash with the message "Microsoft Flight Simulator has stopped working".

I have sourced some .dll's that windows says is the reason for the application error. The crashes ONLY happen during flights and missions not on start up or whilst in menus. PLEASE HELP :)

Thanks,

Nightstrider101

P.S- windows says it is version: 10.0.62615.0 and it happens completely randomly, no time/ pattern what so ever.

Sourced .dll files:

ntdll.dll

g3d.dll

g2d.dll

CALLOUT_SOUND.dll

symmap.dll

terrain.dll

DSOUND.dll

Windows 7 Pro SP1

Intel® Core™ i5-4460s CPU @ 2.90 GHz

Two Monitors (VOC and BENQ)

(I don't know any other specs)

The first thing I'd do is a clean install of both the audio and video drivers. You'll probably need to do this anyway so might as well do it first and see what happens. It can't make things any worse.....Doug
Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies I have tried reinstalling and I searched what you said. This may come as a big shock but I am going to install fsuipc to try and fix the g3.dll crash. As from the new install I am only gettig g3d.dll and ntdll.dll crashes. I will try the udio and video reinstall but I don't know if I can.

Thanks,

Nightstrider101

• 1 month later...

Ok so after installing FSUIPC and reinstalling my audio and video drivers I am only getting g3d.dll errors. I have tried searching g3d.dll error fsx (and other variations of that) with no avail. Most just say install FSUIPC or don't even help at all. Would a reinstall of FSUIPC work. I have tried rebuilding the fsx.cfg file. Would deleting and rebuilding the scenery.cfg work?

Thanks for the help all.

Nightstrider101

Three things keep cropping up in my search using google.

1) When flying take note of area you are flying at when you receive fault.

2) Have you changed any scenery, especially by using ADE.

3) Update video drivers.

P.s. when searching google for these errors it good to prefix it with FSX.

GPU: GeForce GTX 1080

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K CPU@4.2GHz

Memory: 16.00GB Ram

Resolution: 3840 x 2160, 30Hz Seiki 39†Monitor

Operating System: Windows 10 Home Edition

Ok, so Ive done the video and audio already. And I think FSUIPC could be causing errors. The main placed it happens are at ORBX YMML and Ants Aussie Airports YBBN. Also at the default nzaa auckland. Could it be the orbx ai traffic for au and nz? I have added the affinitymask=14 which has helped spread the load.

These are my specs just in case:

Intel i5-44602 @2.90GHz

8GB of ram

152GB hard drive

Intel HD Graphics 4600 (I think) but in the sim it says 4600.0 and I can change it to 4600.1 does that mean there is 2 graphics cards.

Windows 7 Professional w/ Service Pack 1

Thanks

Nightstrider101

Archived