En Route Weather?

flibby46

Hi

If this has been covered before, my apologies. I use FSX (Steam) and FS9. Both allow user-defined weather but only for an entire flight. I would really love to be able to 'dial in' en route weather to reflect changes - for example recreating a known and real past flight. Even using 'download real weather' won't work unless the flight plan is in the present day. Any ideas, anyone, please?

Since there are reportedly issues re: Jeppeson real world weather for FSX & FSX-SE, I went looking for another option. There are, of course, many pay apps available, but with some searching I was able to find mention of something called FSX WX. It is freeware, although certainly worthy of a donation. I am using it with FSX-SE and have had no issues. (website here: http://www.plane-pics.de/fsxwx/home.htm) Yes, it is realtime, but it also has a "history" feature that allows you to select date/time. I have not used that feature, but perhaps it will give you what you want.

There are several youtube videos about the app that may also help you:

Just do a search for fsxwx tutorial.

As I mentioned, I am not familiar with the "history" feature so it may or may not "take you back" to the date/time you want. Then, again, perhaps it will "take you back to the future". Hope this helps.

Rusty Gunz - been simming since the Apple II+ and Sublogic

"Any landing you can walk away from is a good one"

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming : i7-9700K auto OC : 32GB RAM : Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070S 8GB

CoolerMaster 750W PS : Fractal Design Focus G case-6 fans : 5 SSD's (3-1TB, 2-500GB) : Saitek X52 Pro controllers

Vizio 40" 4K HDR monitor : Windows 11 Home 64 bit

Archived