Flight Simulator X Low FPS problem

Hello friends, I recently upgraded my GPU and everything was fine and working perfectly but then I had to reset my Windows 10 and after that I installed Microsoft Flight Simulator X and then it gives me low FPS especially on the Runway even though I flare on the Runway it won't give me any problems but after TouchDown in give me 4 FPS. it is really frustrating and I have replaced by config file also I would like to find a solution for this let me know if you know anything I tried tweaking my settings in game also no luck after TouchDown I still get 4 FPS

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Machine stats, especially CPU speed? Scenery settings? other software running? etc. Without a lot more information than you provided it's impossible to make a decent reply.

Rupert

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

sorry, i run i3-3220 but be advised i was running this game smoothly before with my Geforce 210. No i get 1fps during take off. i tried minimal settings, still. reinstalled, still, uninstalled all MSFSX SPD something and still!. im checked mate! help. i cant play D: update: it crashes frequently, and i ge t1 fps at VOTV Thiruvananthapuram Airport And 27- 30 at dubai Int'l so weird

That file you posted is about as clear as mud, and yes I use Chrome.

The key to FSX performance in FPS is the PROCESSOR'S CLOCK RATE - nothing else. The graphics card is relatively insignificant here.

To expect that a change to a GTX 1060 on its own should give you a frame rate of 60 fps - well, your expectations were set wrong.

Jorgen

There are literally thousands of factors that could be playing into this scenario. But try some or all of the following:

Update your OS to the latest level. Update your motherboard drivers to the latest level. Update your motherboard's BIOS to the latest level. Update your display drivers to the latest level.

And for FSX, we need to know what version it is - De Luxe, Acceleration or Steam.

Jorgen

Cpu speed 3.3 ghz. No turbo possible with that cpu, 3.3 is all you get.

And only 2 cores in the cpu.

You shouldn't expect more then 30. Even that's quite much for it.

Graphics card makes no difference on fps. Still, make sure the pc is actually using the 1080 card. And not the HDgraphics.

Detailed scenery or planes make fps lower.

After resetting a pc Windows will not be up to date.

It will take time untill all updates are installed. They are often downloaded in the background and that slows things down a lot.

Even after updates are done, don't expect more then 30fps with that cpu, maybe even less.

Happy easter.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Drivers should be updated as part of your GPU change.

Please tell us how you went about it. No shorthand.

Have you run a benchmark on the `new PC? what's the figure.

Certainly you should not be seeing a reduction by upgrading the GPU, although 60 fps is cloud-cuckooland except at the lightest of settings - show content of FSX .cfg

no way! my friend has i3-4xxx and he gets 90 in the sky!. no way. i was getting better FPS before. how can i not expect more than 30?

Meaningless unless he also supplied you with his settings. You can turn the Autogen off, the scenery down or the details low and get 90 in the sky.

If YOU want `90` then you MUST tell us what we need to know, and respond properly to requests for information.

I had an i3 where I lived before, with a GT 640 video card, and normally got 20 to 25. Over complex terrain I got 15.

It is the clock rate of your CPU that determines how many FPS you can get.

But, think of this: in Europe, the TV shows 25 FPS, in the US 30 FPS. The eye cannot really see more than that.

Jorgen

im sorry, please reply with the informations you need so that i can send it to you in order.

also i still cant believe. i had the same rig with a Geforce 210 and the game was smooth as butter that i could even live stream it without any issues. Its the same PC

things that i have tried

deleteing config

reinstalling game

deleteing all the FSX files under app data and program data

uninstalled all Visual C++ and SDK and everuthing that came with MSFSX

even if i put the minimal settings. The most minimal it can go, still i get very low fps.

literally i searched the internet and cant find a single working solution.

Im thinking if it a DX issue. 210 runs DX 11 and 1060 runs at DX 12? not sure however.

Gt210-1gb vram

gtx1080-8gb vram

so 1080 takes away 7gb from your pc ram. If you have only 8 gb ram in your pc, that is an issue.

But again, more then 30fps with your processor is not going to happen. With other games perhaps, but not with fsx.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

so 1080 takes away 7gb from your pc ram. If you have only 8 gb ram in your pc, that is an issue.

This is not an issue on a 64 bit OS. The GPU's VRAM will take up some virtual address space, but not RAM.

Although it would help if the OP clarified how much RAM is installed and whether it is a 64 bit OS or not. The file provided indicates there is only 4GB of RAM (though it be downloaded and saved as an HTML file to be readable).

Sachin,

You need to slow down, read the replies thoroughly and provide the information that we request, otherwise we cannot help you.

I can tell you that it is NOT a DX issue. The graphics output from FSX is DX9, and you can set it to DX10 as a Preview.

And you must forget what your friend's computer and FSX does. This here is about YOUR computer and FSX installation.

Jorgen

So far we know that you have an Intel i3-3220 CPU.

You had a Geforce 210 graphics card, and it looks like you replaced that with a GTX 1060.

For starters, we NEED to know the following:

Is what I wrote here about the graphics cards correct?

How much RAM is in the system?

What version of Windows are you running? And is that a 32-bit or 64-bit version?

Jorgen

im sorry, please reply with the informations you need so that i can send it to you in order.

also i still cant believe. i had the same rig with a Geforce 210 and the game was smooth as butter that i could even live stream it without any issues. Its the same PC

things that i have tried

deleteing config

reinstalling game

deleteing all the FSX files under app data and program data

uninstalled all Visual C++ and SDK and everuthing that came with MSFSX

even if i put the minimal settings. The most minimal it can go, still i get very low fps.

literally i searched the internet and cant find a single working solution.

Im thinking if it a DX issue. 210 runs DX 11 and 1060 runs at DX 12? not sure however.

So you haven't reinstalled drivers for the new video card? THAT should be your first port of call, With a clean reinstall from the driver installation software or by using Display Driver Uninstaller to remove all previous traces. You will probably want to clean the shaders too.

Next, show the content of FSX .cfg as previously requested.

Archived