Carenado Phenom 300 ILS

FlyingLimey

I have the Carenado Phenom 300 V2 installed with the Extension pack and Navigraph.

I live in Fort Worth close to KFTW and am trying to fly from KFTW and then shoot the ILS 34 back into KFTW. I set up the approach with Vectors to final and fly the airplane to south of LOOPE which is the Initial Fix. With the autopilot engaged and the approach activated as I approach the LOC course and engage APR mode the FMS never transitions to and captures the localalizer or the glide slope. Accordingly the FD never commands. I am an actual pilot and have flown this approach in an airplane, albeit a G1000 C172 instead of a Phenom so it's not like I don't know how to do it, but why is the FMS not sequencing properly? What in my set up could I have wrong.

I am using the latest Carenado Phenom 300 and the latest extension and 1804 Navigraph.

Any help for a relative FSX newbie is welcome

I agree with Mallcott. If you're used to flying a 172 RW, try simming that approach first. If you're OK with the 172, then your problem is another issue.

BTW: I just flew the defaults Lear 45 from KDFW to KFTW and shot that ILS 34 approach. Other than a little side drift caused by the winds at 8 knots from 270 it worked perfectly. I landed exactly on the spot, just a few feet off of center-line.

Rupert

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Archived