Elevator trim sensitivity

Roger Wensley

I am finding that it is difficult to trim a Super Cub to level flight as just a small movement of my elevator trim wheel tips it beyond level to descend, or when I readjust, to climb. Do I adjust the "elevator trim effectiveness" in the cfg file to decrease this sensitivity? Presumably to reduce it? Or is there something else?

You got it right Roger, by changing the value of elevator_trim_effectiveness in the aircraft cfg.

You can tweak this sensitivity in the paid version of FSUIPC, but it will affect all aircrafts.

... Just another annoying part in the hours spend in tweak & tuning to make FSX "as real as it can get".

Oups !! Sorry... Just saw, after post, it was for 2004. But it's probably the same tweak...

i7-4790K @4400 on Gigabyte Z97X (16gb), GeForce GTX 970 OC, Corsair Spec case

Win7 Ult(64) on Samsung850 SSD(256), FSX+Accell on Samsung850 SSD(256), Track IR5

Saitek yoke/rudder radio/multi/switch panels, Logitech G13, GMap on Samsung tab

Just saw, after post, it was for 2004. But it's probably the same tweak...

It is, just FYI.

I've also found that in the [airplane_geometry] section of the aicraft.cfg, changing

elevator_trim_limit=26.0

a little will also change the effectiveness of the trim wheel. Every trim adjustment, whether on the joystick, or the keyboard, is a percentage of that number. Thus, if it alters the trim too much, changing that number a little will change the amount adjusted per click of a button.

If the trim won't adjust far enough, like when slow for landing, or set for the fastest cruise the plane is capable of, changing the values

elevator_up_limit=30.002

elevator_down_limit=30.002

will provide more or less total trim available.

Of course, always remember to back up the aircraft.cfg before making ANY changes. You want to be able to restore defaults you had if you over do something. Or at least refer to whet the dev had for settings.

Hope all this helps a little!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived