Throttle Malfunction - Not holding

Jen65

I am having a problem with my throttles not staying at full power on my take off roll and in flight.

It will go from 100% down to 50% then jumps back and forth seemingly at random. To get full power, I have to press and hold the F4 key - not just press and release.

This has never happened in years until recently.

I use the throttle on my joystick or if I disable that and try keyboard. I have even removed the stick, I have reconfigured it many

times and have even just used keyboard only. This occurs with all of my props and many jets.

This also happens in flight even with auto pilot on and that can be a pain on longer flight! I'm not going to just sit and hold F4!

Anyone have a solution?

If you're starting from a saved flight of your own instead of the standard Default flight (C172 at KSEA 34R) you may have accidentally saved some Autothrottle settings. Try re-setting your Default flight to the C172 with engine running, radios and brakes on, but all lights, pitot heat and AP off.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Another possibility...you have some other device identified also as a throttle. The sim has trouble deciding which you want.

Once, I was using a throttle quadrant, but also using a joystick that had a throttle lever. I ignored the throttle lever on the joystick, but the sim would randomly use it as defining throttle position (it was at zero at the time). Drove me crazy till I realized what was happening. Solution was to go to settings and define that device axis as unused.

Nadlzfw

I am having a problem with my throttles not staying at full power on my take off roll and in flight.

It will go from 100% down to 50% then jumps back and forth seemingly at random. To get full power, I have to press and hold the F4 key - not just press and release.

This has never happened in years until recently.

I use the throttle on my joystick or if I disable that and try keyboard. I have even removed the stick, I have reconfigured it many

times and have even just used keyboard only. This occurs with all of my props and many jets.

This also happens in flight even with auto pilot on and that can be a pain on longer flight! I'm not going to just sit and hold F4!

Anyone have a solution?

Hi As indicated by nadlzfw its quite possible that there is another device seen as a throttle my advice is firstly go down the assignments for all the attached hardware and remove any other throttles, I have a VRInsight switch panel which did the same as you are reporting. deleted the throttle assignment from it and all is well.

Secondly calibrate your controller, taking notice of the smoothness of it as it is a common fault with the potentiometer to spike or break down and sort circuit intermittently.

TIP in the sensitivity control always set the throttle sensitivity to max and the Null Zone to minimum (throttles only) if not set this way it can effect the taxying behaviour on some controllers.

Web : http://biggles11.wix.com/the-natural-world

Mail : biggles11@btinternet.com

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004916148824 (Sorry No Friends please)

No devices except joystick using Z Axis no other assignments.

When testing / calibrating it is jerky - not smooth.

Sensitivity Max Null zone Minimum.

I am at wits end clueless. It has always worked fine until recently and no changes have been made. If it requires a complete reinstall then I may just give up and find a new hobby. :(:(:(:(:(

Sounds like your joystick needs a clean, or replacing. Dust and fluff can build up over time on the contacts inside. If you're lucky a clean out will do the trick, if not a new joystick won't cost the earth!

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

My thinking is the same as Tiger. Clean the joystick or replace it. I am using a CH Products Flight Sim Yoke that is probably 15 years old. I am having an issue with the throttle. There is a slight spot at about 10 to 15% of throttle that causes FS9 to stutter really bad. Occurs especially while taxiing. If I go just above or below on the throttle the stuttering stops. I've cleaned the throttle but it is probably time for replacement. It might be time to replace yours too.

Archived