Gps 500 black screen [p3d]

mindframe85

Since nobody doesn't know the answer to it , I'll ask it here in the FSX forums. Im new to P3D and have never had this problem with FSX before. When I pull up the GPS 500 window, it shows a black screen. Not sure why, but shouldn't the map and my aircraft automatically come up? Anyone know a fix to this? I don't think there's a power button either, but it should be on anyway when I upload my aircraft. Can someone help?

Post a screenshot so we can see what you mean.

Cheers

Stinger

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I have an example here of what my screen shows. Not s screen shot I pulled it off Google but it's exactly how it looks on my screen

https://www.google.com/search?q=p3d+gps+black+screen&client=ms-android-verizon&prmd=vsin&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjji92V8vjZAhVQx1kKHXWCCAwQ_AUIEygD&biw=412&bih=691#imgrc=99f58uOUOWHV0M:

I have an example here of what my screen shows. Not s screen shot I pulled it off Google but it's exactly how it looks on my screen

https://www.google.com/search?q=p3d+gps+black+screen&client=ms-android-verizon&prmd=vsin&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjji92V8vjZAhVQx1kKHXWCCAwQ_AUIEygD&biw=412&bih=691#imgrc=99f58uOUOWHV0M:

That link was useless to look at! Power turned on in your aircraft and Avionics switch on?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I am afraid that the link doesn't work for me.

All i see is a blank page.

The reason i asked to see a screenie is that i have similar issues that i have put down to my graphics card not being able to handle my 4 screen setup very well and i know that p3d is heavier on graphics than FSX which i use.

Stinger

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Mindframe85,

Why did you post this in the FSX forum, when it deals with a P3D issue, and you also have posted it in the P3D forum?

Jorgen

I did it cause nobody was answering in the P3D forums. Took like a week lol. Anyway. It's working now. Thanks all.

I did it cause nobody was answering in the P3D forums. Took like a week lol. Anyway. It's working now. Thanks all.

OK, now don't do that! It's working now because..........????

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Here we go again! Someone goes to a totally different program than FSX, it doesn't work, they don't get a response from the site for that program, then we ho use FSX are supposed to figure out what their problem is!!

Suddenly it works, yet we, who are the only people interested in their issue never hear what happened!!??

IMHO: And no, I'm not that biased because I also own P3D and have tried very hard to make myself happy with it, there are few people on the P3D forum. And even less that are interested in helping others!! Believe me I've asked questions there and not received adequate answers either.

It's been at least two years since I've even fired up P3D. And the lack of help is only one issue. The main issue is I don't think their product works as well as the much older FSX does!;)

I'm reading all the excitement about P3Dv4 and the new X-Plane. I'll continue to "fly" fSX and buy FSX products until I find serious feedback that either is as good as what I already have.

Rupert

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

True words, Rupert. Bad form to ask for help, find a solution, and not share it with others, and it reflects badly on mindframe85. Like you, I've ignored the hype in the forums and from the vendors who wish we'd all ditch FSX, the most successful, best supported flight simulator in history.

Archived