Ground textures become disgustingly blurry at a specific range....

XDairlines

horrible distance.jpg

Hey. I can't really get answers to why the distance is so blurry. This screenshot was taken with 9.5 lod radius. So this completely isn't the case here. I tried everything really, I watched guides, I played with the settings (I know it resets the cnfg) I pretty much tried everything but I'm pretty sure there's something I'm missing. I was about to give up and get p3d, even though p3d is based on fsx (correct me if I'm wrong) so it can also happen there. I also tried to look for forums but, all of the people that got related issues solved their problems by the lod radius. I didn't and I checked so many times if I did something wrong but nope, just doesn't help... Please help me I'm having this issue for a really long time now...

Have you gone here?

http://kostasfsworld.wordpress.com/fsx-software-and-hardware-guide

This is where you tune FSX. After you use this advice, print out a copy of your FSX.CFG so you can go back if something changes.

P3D is a development and total remake of FSX, and as of v. 4 it is 64-bit, meaning it does not have the 4 GB VAS limit that FSX does.

Jorgen

Have you gone here?

http://kostasfsworld.wordpress.com/fsx-software-and-hardware-guide

This is where you tune FSX. After you use this advice, print out a copy of your FSX.CFG so you can go back if something changes.

P3D is a development and total remake of FSX, and as of v. 4 it is 64-bit, meaning it does not have the 4 GB VAS limit that FSX does.

Jorgen

Did you recently add a grass texture to your scenery? I've long forgotten the name of it, but I did add one several years back that did exactly what's in your screen shot. Removing that texture file cured it.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

The higher your LOD Radius slider setting, the further away from you autogen and detailed tiles will draw which in turn decreases your frame rate.

The "Filtering" setting on the first graphics tab adjusts how smoothly and aesthetically scenery tile textures gradually blend into the horizon. Settings at the top are the most primitive and least impactful and settings at the bottom are smoother and lower frame rate. Lowering the autogen will help make the transition for the LOD limit less pronounced at the cost of less detail. If you have the frame rate limiter on, FSX will remove autogen and textures further from you to try and retain the desired frame rate.

The higher the frame rate limit setting, the more texture and autogen FSX will remove at distance.

You can also use your graphics card filtering to over-ride the FSX setting which more often than not provide more specialized filtering than the settings in FSX.

I have my LOD slider set to max on a machine which is only mediocre by today's standards.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

It happens on my pc from time to time as well. Top down view then also shows a 'squarish' clear area, and a lot of blurred around it.

I never found a direct cause or solution. Only after several days of trying absolutely every thing thinkable does it suddenly stop.

At first I try one thing at a time, hoping to finally find the cause. I then get desperate, and try all kind of things at the same time. Then suddenly it's gone, and I have no idea why.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

I have a feeling it has to do with the pc not coping with fsx high demands. Even though you may have set settings low. Meaning it can have many causes.

I also have a slight feeling last time it stopped after removing a gauge I made.

It was just a simple gauge that popped up a personal picture when clicking a button. Maybe a flaw in the gauge, or maybe because the picture was several Mb. I had put the gauge in almost all planes.

But, as I said, I was trying many things at once, so I can't be sure that was it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived