How to delete editvoicepack from ATC?

tonyleo

You followed these instructions to a T?

Users of EditVoicepack X for Microsoft Flight Simulator X:

Locate the folder “~/Sound/ATC” (where ~ represents the folder you installed Flight Simulator in).

Delete all the files in the folder, but leave the folder ASOS.

Insert Flight Simulator DVD 1.

Open the file D1Feat~6.cab on the DVD

Copy the largest file in the cab file to “~/Sound/ATC”

Rename the file to “USEnglishBig.gvp”.

Start Flight Simulator X and verify the ATC speech is working.

If it is not working the problem is most likely not linked to EditVoicepack, but could for example be a driver problem.

Run EditVoicepack again.

If so, what has failed? Did you copy the correct file from the cab?

I have to ask, why do you want to get rid of Editvoicepack? It's a nice add-on that will allow most planes to have their callsigns announced and you can speed up ATC so it isn't so slow. Plus, if you use the international ATC option you hear G'Bye and thanks, etc after each ATC transmission among other things.

You followed these instructions to a T?

I have to ask, why do you want to get rid of Editvoicepack? It's a nice add-on that will allow most planes to have their callsigns announced and you can speed up ATC so it isn't so slow. Plus, if you use the international ATC option you hear G'Bye and thanks, etc after each ATC transmission among other things.

+1

Yes, I use the free version, too. All you do is select the international voice set when you update your Sim. in Editvoicepack. I would stick with Editvoicepack. It's well worth it. Especially if you have lots of AI.

On a side note:

is anyone out there using the payware version?

From the adverts, I can’t seem to find any real improvements over the free version.

So I don’t see any reason to buy it, except for supporting the developer (which is also a good thing of course).

If anyone can prove the opposite, feel free to do so.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

The main difference between the free and paid version is how it is updated with new voice packs.

With the older version you will need to find and add new packs whereas the paid version will automatically update each time you run EVP - on the EditVoicepack website, on the About Page, see the last section titled 'Share your ATC modifications' for details.

Regards

Brian

Archived