Simulation Rate in X Plane 11

John Snyder Jr

Is there any way to adjust the simulation rate in X Plane 11. My simulation rate doesn't appear to be correct as in a normal flight that would take say an hour in real life can take up to 2 to 2 1/2 hrs in X Plane. I haven't found any settings for simulation rate and wondered if I'm missing something here. Thanks

Is there any way to adjust the simulation rate in X Plane 11. My simulation rate doesn't appear to be correct as in a normal flight that would take say an hour in real life can take up to 2 to 2 1/2 hrs in X Plane. I haven't found any settings for simulation rate and wondered if I'm missing something here. Thanks

I'm new to X-Plane so perhaps someone will come along and correct me but it's my understanding that if you have your graphics set too high it affects this. X-Plane warned me to turn them down to rectify.

Alan

Hi John and everyone.

If you / your hardware / settings cannot sustain at least 20 fps, required to present / display a smooth / fluid flight, your simulation rate / real time may be altered / different than real time.

There is / was a procedure to disable / override it Ctrl+T?, time wise, but that may affect the fluidity of your presentation. That will not affect the actual ground speed.

This was done to present the user with a better effect, but not necessarily real, time wise.

Edit:

Correction to the Alt+T, it chages the Ground speed, the Ctrl+T changes Flight model speed, see file "X-Plane Keys.prf", a text / ASCII file, you can open with Notepad, found in X:....\X-Plane 11\Output\preferences

T ALT sim/operation/ground_speed_change

K sim/operation/time_down

L sim/operation/time_up

K SHIFT sim/operation/time_down_lots

L SHIFT sim/operation/time_up_lots

T CTRL sim/operation/flightmodel_speed_change

P sim/operation/pause_toggle

Space CTRL sim/operation/video_record_toggle

R ALT sim/replay/replay_toggle

Archived