Stutters Prepar3D V4.1 or V4.2 with i7 7700k and 2 Asus Nvidia GTX 1070, 32 GB RAM

xlarrasnow

Hi guys,

I have problems with Prepar3D V4, V4.1 and V4.2 I tryed all vV4 versions. The problem? The famous stutters, the ones they make me ungry :)

This is my computer:

117dec83_6294_4966_b2f4_3a16acf5794c.jpg

Windows 10 64 bits

I7 7700K Overclocked to 4.8GHz

Asus ROG Maximus IX Formula

Water refrigeration.

2 x Asus Nvidia ROG STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING (Working with SLI)

G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 32GB 32GB CL14

3 x Samsung 1Tb SSD

I use all ORBX, PMDG 737, REX4, Active Sky + COuld Art Textures, Scenerys...

Can someone who has more or less same computer help me withg settings (Nvidia Inspector o Nvidia Control Panel, *.CFG file AM yes or no...) or something to make my simulator work better and smoother?, I would really apreciate.

Thanks a lot

Hi guys,

I have problems with Prepar3D V4, V4.1 and V4.2 I tryed all V4 versions. The problem? The famous stutters, the ones they make me ungry :)

This is my computer:

117dec83_6294_4966_b2f4_3a16acf5794c.jpg

Windows 10 64 bits

I7 7700K Overclocked to 4.8GHz

Asus ROG Maximus IX Formula

Water refrigeration.

2 x Asus Nvidia ROG STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING (Working with SLI)

G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 32GB 32GB CL14

3 x Samsung 1Tb SSD

I use all ORBX, PMDG 737, REX4, Active Sky + COuld Art Textures, Scenerys...

Can someone who has more or less same computer help me withg settings (Nvidia Inspector o Nvidia Control Panel, *.CFG file AM yes or no...) or something to make my simulator work better and smoother?, I would really apreciate.

Thanks a lot

Show content of Prepar3d.cfg.

Your reference to AM suggests you have been messing with things you oughtn't be messing with.

Did you refresh the Prepar3d.cfg between versions? How did you update the versions?

1. Turn off all add-ons and run default. Do you still see stutters? If so, check each add-on individually.

2. Purchase a display(s) that can run at 30Hz refresh rate. Set to that and set FPS to 30.

We need facts to resolve this. For example, REX4 is NOT for P3Dv4 unless its properly upgraded, so the summary provided by the OP is incomplete and insufficient for troubleshooting purposes. I doubt the simmer uses `all` ORBX products and many of them are NOT suitable for P3dV4 at the present time; we don't know whether it's the official PMDG version for P3Dv4, and there are many more facts about what is installed to be revealed.

I propose the 30hz display is a futile measure and the fps may already be set to 30 - or 20, or 24 or unlimited.

Prepar3d.cfg handily allows remote viewers to see what may have been done within the sim, and how that has been amended speaks volumes to level of competence.

I suggest we wait for that information.

Just a clarifying comment...the statement "I doubt the simmer uses `all` ORBX products and many of them are NOT suitable for P3dV4 at the present time" is a little misleading.....I use all the ORBX products with P3Dv4 and they are all suitable with the exception of the aircraft which are still 32-bit processes.
Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

Read again what I wrote. I'm talking specifically about ORBX and nothing else. REX has nothing to do with ORBX. Be sure you're right before telling someone else they're wrong. Peace............Doug
Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

• 1 month later...
I had the same problem when I had my FPS to unlimited, I set it to 30 FPS and for some reason the problem went away.

Well one reason could be that when you set fps to unlimited, the sim will try to maintain the highest fps at the cost of other processes which can easily result in stutters. That's a simplistic statement because there are other factors.

A simple method to get started - set your fps at 20. Turn off ALL addons. now adjust your settings to get the smoothest operation. Now start adding the addons - adjust settings as necessary and aim for the LOWEST fps setting where you can maintain the SMOOTHEST operation. Repeat until you have all your addons etc.

the 30mhz monitor is a good idea ONLY if you have your sim stable first. It won'[t help with the stutters at all on an improperly set up system other than having the user drop the frame rate.

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Well one reason could be that when you set fps to unlimited, the sim will try to maintain the highest fps at the cost of other processes which can easily result in stutters. That's a simplistic statement because there are other factors.

A simple method to get started - set your fps at 20. Turn off ALL addons. now adjust your settings to get the smoothest operation. Now start adding the addons - adjust settings as necessary and aim for the LOWEST fps setting where you can maintain the SMOOTHEST operation. Repeat until you have all your addons etc.

the 30mhz monitor is a good idea ONLY if you have your sim stable first. It won'[t help with the stutters at all on an improperly set up system other than having the user drop the frame rate.

Too true!

Archived