Just purchased Dreamfleet 727

JSMR

Finally after all these years. After using HJG 727’s, it was time to seriously step up. Fully expecting to be blown away, unexpectedly, I feel a little underwhelmed by it. Very strange. Or perhaps that’s not giving HJG more credit. Kudos to them for developing great freeware aircraft.

I find the DF727 a little poor in the FDE department. Way overpowered. And not really anything I feel is too much more then what I get in the HJG 727’s.

Interesting.

And somehow I thought I was the last purchaser ever of the DF 727. What I don't like of the plane is just that Text-O-Matic does not work with Win10, so I can't use the repaints. Since I never liked the VC (gauge refresh rate is awful, and there's nothing I can do), I can contain this problem by merging it with the TDS birds.

I'm using actually the same old HJG flying tips for flying the DF727, and I found the latter to be easier to handle, specially descents. Give it a try...

Best regards,

Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Have you tried the HJG DC9-30? That is my daily flyer in FS9. To me once you get used to the systems it flies like a dream. I use that one as well as the HJG B727-100 and B727-200. I find the 100 to fly better than the 200. The 200 series is too powerful. Just remember the engine spool lag in the B727-100 as well as DC-9. And the best part they are free.

Have you tried the HJG DC9-30? That is my daily flyer in FS9. To me once you get used to the systems it flies like a dream. I use that one as well as the HJG B727-100 and B727-200. I find the 100 to fly better than the 200. The 200 series is too powerful. Just remember the engine spool lag in the B727-100 as well as DC-9. And the best part they are free.

I havnt downloaded the DC-9 but it’s another I want to try. Yeah the -200 a little over powered but unless you’re got a degree in rocket science, not much chance in editing the air file. I made a change or two to the cfg. And keep to a certain N1 power setting a little different then the HJG recommendation and all models -7 through -17 fly pretty good. Or thereabouts.

Either way, good fun and sure beats pressing LNAV and VNAV and falling asleep. Zzzzzzzz

I havnt downloaded the DC-9 but it’s another I want to try. Yeah the -200 a little over powered but unless you’re got a degree in rocket science, not much chance in editing the air file. I made a change or two to the cfg. And keep to a certain N1 power setting a little different then the HJG recommendation and all models -7 through -17 fly pretty good. Or thereabouts.

Either way, good fun and sure beats pressing LNAV and VNAV and falling asleep. Zzzzzzzz

I agree. I love to fly the old fashioned way. Try HJG's DC-9-30. I think you'l like it.

Archived