Thread: Just purchased Dreamfleet 727

Default Just purchased Dreamfleet 727

Finally after all these years. After using HJG 727’s, it was time to seriously step up. Fully expecting to be blown away, unexpectedly, I feel a little underwhelmed by it. Very strange. Or perhaps that’s not giving HJG more credit. Kudos to them for developing great freeware aircraft.

I find the DF727 a little poor in the FDE department. Way overpowered. And not really anything I feel is too much more then what I get in the HJG 727’s.

Interesting.

2. Default

And somehow I thought I was the last purchaser ever of the DF 727. What I don't like of the plane is just that Text-O-Matic does not work with Win10, so I can't use the repaints. Since I never liked the VC (gauge refresh rate is awful, and there's nothing I can do), I can contain this problem by merging it with the TDS birds.

I'm using actually the same old HJG flying tips for flying the DF727, and I found the latter to be easier to handle, specially descents. Give it a try...
    Best regards,
    Luis Hernández

Too late. Refund. Plus I’ve spent a little bit of time jigging the HJG cfg and flies a little better. Slightly better FDE in my opinion.
    I just couldn’t be bothered messing around with the DF727 trying to ‘get it right’.

4. Default

Have you tried the HJG DC9-30? That is my daily flyer in FS9. To me once you get used to the systems it flies like a dream. I use that one as well as the HJG B727-100 and B727-200. I find the 100 to fly better than the 200. The 200 series is too powerful. Just remember the engine spool lag in the B727-100 as well as DC-9. And the best part they are free.

Quote Originally Posted by bam1220 View Post
    Have you tried the HJG DC9-30? That is my daily flyer in FS9. To me once you get used to the systems it flies like a dream. I use that one as well as the HJG B727-100 and B727-200. I find the 100 to fly better than the 200. The 200 series is too powerful. Just remember the engine spool lag in the B727-100 as well as DC-9. And the best part they are free.

I havnt downloaded the DC-9 but it’s another I want to try. Yeah the -200 a little over powered but unless you’re got a degree in rocket science, not much chance in editing the air file. I made a change or two to the cfg. And keep to a certain N1 power setting a little different then the HJG recommendation and all models -7 through -17 fly pretty good. Or thereabouts.

Either way, good fun and sure beats pressing LNAV and VNAV and falling asleep. Zzzzzzzz

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by JSMR View Post
    I havnt downloaded the DC-9 but it’s another I want to try. Yeah the -200 a little over powered but unless you’re got a degree in rocket science, not much chance in editing the air file. I made a change or two to the cfg. And keep to a certain N1 power setting a little different then the HJG recommendation and all models -7 through -17 fly pretty good. Or thereabouts.

Either way, good fun and sure beats pressing LNAV and VNAV and falling asleep. Zzzzzzzz

I agree. I love to fly the old fashioned way. Try HJG's DC-9-30. I think you'l like it.