Trouble installing Carenado Planes

omega7

Hi folks, I just bought a new high-end tower PC with Win 10, my real problem is that will not install the Carenado planes from the CD box

I mean, they get installed but when I make the selection from the FSX Free Flight Current Aircraft they show up like the attached picture.

I must add that the installation from the CD takes about 10 to 15 minutes or may be longer, I think there are issues with the WizardInstall file on Win 10 that prevent the normal installation

Thank you for your help

Gonzalo

photo.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are you running FSX with Acceleration or with SP1 and SP2 installed?

this issue isn't contained to Caranado aircraft, I've run across this with a number of my other pay ware airplanes after getting a new PC. I can install them on my old PC which is running the previous version of Windows and they look fine, but no textures appear for the same aircraft when running windows 10. I saw that Windows 10 supposedly has issues with acceleration and since it kept asking for disc 2, of which there isn't a disc 2, I elected not to install it, don't know if this has anything to with the missing textures or not

What I make out from zippy's post is that there aircraft require at least sp2, or if you have it, fsx accel.

Only standard or deluxe is not enough.

Not win10 related btw. Saves some searching on that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived