how to make payware scenery

jamesjsmith

Hello,

I am looking into making payware airport scenery but I don't know what I need and how do I do it so can someone post some instructions and what I need please.

Tell us a little more about yourself and your existing level of expertise. Have you done any 3d modelling?

If you are a total novice then perhaps you can start by having a go at an airport using ADE (airport design editor).

Cheers

Stinger

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I tried installing the sdk for fsx and it said I must install sp1a so I tried installing sp1a and it says I need sp1 on the fsx deluxe disk but I only have fsx standard and acceleration.

I don't have the link handy, but there is a good guide for installing the SDK on the FSDeveloper site.

I tried installing the sdk for fsx and it said I must install sp1a so I tried installing sp1a and it says I need sp1 on the fsx deluxe disk but I only have fsx standard and acceleration.
Acceleration has both SP1 and SP2 included i believe so you dont need to install it separately.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Fsx standard does not have the sdk installer on the disks.

Without that you can't install the sdk service packs either.

It is also not (fully) included with fsx steam.

It is included with fsx deluxe and fsx gold. Both these products are practicaly unavailable. (no longer being sold.).

I heard something about an alternative sdk, available for download somewhere. Don't know the details.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On the acceleration disk are only:

-sdk.msi

the acceleration SDK update

and

-fsx_sdk_sp1a

the SP1a update.

Not

-Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK.msi

Which is the base installer for the SDK. (Called FSX SDK RTM in the fsdeveloper Wiki.)

That base SDK is only on the fsx deluxe disk 1.

And without it you cannot install the FSX SDK.

So stricktly speaking the info in the FSDevelope Wiki has a flaw I think. It says:

The SDK is available in FSX Deluxe only, (not FSX Standard).

and that is fully correct.

But then it goes on to say:

FSX Standard users can obtain the SDK, by purchasing and installing FSX Acceleration, (or FSX Gold - Contains both Deluxe & Acceleration).

I think that second line should say somethng like:

".... by purchasing and installing FSX DeLuxe, (or FSX Gold - Contains both Deluxe & Acceleration)."

Because only buying Acceleration disk is not enough to get the sdk.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On the acceleration disk are only:

-sdk.msi

the acceleration SDK update

and

-fsx_sdk_sp1a

the SP1a update.

Not

-Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK.msi

Which is the base installer for the SDK. (Called FSX SDK RTM in the fsdeveloper Wiki.)

That base SDK is only on the fsx deluxe disk 1.

And without it you cannot install the FSX SDK.

So stricktly speaking the info in the FSDevelope Wiki has a flaw I think. It says:

and that is fully correct.

But then it goes on to say:

I think that second line should say somethng like:

".... by purchasing and installing FSX DeLuxe, (or FSX Gold - Contains both Deluxe & Acceleration)."

Because only buying Acceleration disk is not enough to get the sdk.

Perhaps there is an error on the website. It is meant to be based on info from ACES.

Another option is to try the P3D v1.4 SDK.

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/prepar3d-sdk.440922/

Here's some more info on the P3D SDK option.

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/fsx-std-with-acceleration-no-sdk.433322/

Archived