Couple of Questions from a NEWBIE

John Snyder Jr

Week ago I purchased and installed X Plane 11. I've added a bunch of aircraft and plugin's and I've noticed now that it shows I'm using X Plane 11.20vr6 BETA. Couple of questions...........

1) Why am I using a beta version of X Plane now and how do I switch it back to what I had originally installed?

2) I've watched many You Tube video's and in all the video's when you move the mouse cursor across the screen and up and down the view changes. In my current configuration moving the mouse changes nothing. Is there something in settings to activate this? I've searched and searched and found nothing.

Thanks for any help and happy flying!

Hi John.

You likely were connected to INet and answered to an opening screen that asked you for an update.

I would not try to go back, the 11.20B is stable. You can go back, but there is chance that you could get somethings confused. It's one of those annoyances that Laminar insists on, just say NO to updates.

For the Mouse, you can use the Right mouse button, Hold and drag to position, when you release it will go back to normal, or you can 2X Click on the Right mouse and it will be persistent, you will have to RClick again to go to Normal / No mouse.

Archived