Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Screenshots for Scenery I am creating for FSX and P3D

Default Screenshots for Scenery I am creating for FSX and P3D

I have started designing my own scenery for FSX and P3D at the same time as updating airports in Australia to a 2018 version.
    A big learning curve as I had no idea how to create new scenery until I started looking at it on the weekend. So instead of starting at a large airport such as Sydney Kingsford International I will start with a much smaller airport.

Below is a test shot of Lord Howe Island after adding photo-real landscape and water.....work very much in progress.

The size of the BGL file for Lord Howe Island is 105MB.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lord Howe Island1.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	256.8 KB 
ID:	201845
    Last edited by rjord; 03-05-2018 at 03:22 PM.

Default Lord Howe Island

Overnight I started adding trees and houses to the island. That was a huge learning curve working out how to add the autogen.

Name:	trees1.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	190.1 KB 
ID:	201846
    Last edited by rjord; 03-05-2018 at 03:22 PM.

Hi!

Looking like a fine endeavour, mostly with autogen available with the photoreal concept. Keep us updated as that will more than interest the community
    Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Quote Originally Posted by flightsimg View Post
    Hi!

Looking like a fine endeavour, mostly with autogen available with the photoreal concept. Keep us updated as that will more than interest the community
    Thanks for that........ I intend to post pictures here often with each of the airports I add starting first off in Australia and then other countries.
    I think this project takes a lot of time at the start researching exactly how to do this scenery but hopefully after finishing Lord Howe Island I can get airports out a lot quicker.

If anyone has a wish list for Australian airports they would like me to look at please feel free to make a suggestion here.

Default Lord Howe Island

I have covered Lord Howe Island with trees based on Google satellite imagery. The next step is to add the buildings to the island.

Name:	Lord Howe Island2.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	246.3 KB 
ID:	201848

Looks very good already, my hat off

Quote Originally Posted by peer01 View Post
    Looks very good already, my hat off
    Thanks Peer01.....

Default Lord Howe Island

By default Lord Howe Island in FSX only has General Aviation Traffic going to the airport....however in real life there are many aircraft that land at the airport such as the Qantas Dash 8s.

This morning I added a 7 day schedule for the Dash 8s using the actual flights that arrived or left the airport in the last week.

Ran a test of the new AI but they did not appear at the airport so need to find out what happened.

I did create the following screenshot while watching a General Aviation aircraft head towards Lord Howe Island on its flight from Port Macquarie. This tested how real the island looked from a distance.

Name:	Lord Howe Island3.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	190.7 KB 
ID:	201850

Default Australian Ship Traffic

I will soon start replacing the ship traffic around Australia........ when flying along the coast there should be more ships anchored off the coast of ports like Sydney as well as travelling up and down the coast.

As you can see in the picture below there are 4 ships off the coast of Sydney at the moment so I would like to see at least 2 or 3 at least showing in FSX.

The trick is not to reduce the performance of the flight sim when adding the ship traffic.

Name:	Ships01.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	268.9 KB 
ID:	201851

Name:	Ships02.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	154.6 KB 
ID:	201852

You're doing some serious good work here!! Having said that, good luck keeping your performance up! Everything you add makes that tougher.

My hat's off to you. Please keep us updated as you continue!!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast