Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Willing to Pay to get Simming! Struggling to get Saitek equipment set up with FSX

1. Default Willing to Pay to get Simming! Struggling to get Saitek equipment set up with FSX

Bought a new gaming PC and Saitek Ultimate Bundle to get started. It has been a nightmare. Here is what I am dealing with:

1. Only Yoke, Throttle controls and Rudders stay on: The other components do light up briefly when I turn the computer on, but then go dark (radio, multi, switch and instrument panels)

2. I was able to program the yoke and throttle in FSX - steam edition but not the rudders. Once I turned the game off, the controls were no longer programmed

I started reading the internet for help and it's like looking on the internet for medical symptoms. Just on the controls that aren't working some say it is a USB bus issue in Windows 10, other say don't use the Logitech drivers, etc., etc., etc.,

Is there a service or way to go step by step on this? I am willing to pay for service / support as it is mind numbing how many hours I have put into this without being able to use it...

PC: Alienware R7: intel i7-8700 - 3.2gHz processor, 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 - 2TB Hard drive

Is this equipment connected to the computer through a powered USB hub?

Jorgen

1. Welcome to the "World of Crazy"!

1a. Are you plugging all of those USB devices into your computer console? Not a great idea. Get yourself an inexpensive "powered" USB hub and plug it all into that.

2. Look into the possibility of using the paid version of FSUIPC to program all of your "goodies".
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

4. Default

Thanks guys... I have tried both the direct USB plug-ins as well as the powered hub. Both eventually result in the same outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by silvergator View Post
    1. Only Yoke, Throttle controls and Rudders stay on: The other components do light up briefly when I turn the computer on, but then go dark (radio, multi, switch and instrument panels)

2. I was able to program the yoke and throttle in FSX - steam edition but not the rudders. Once I turned the game off, the controls were no longer programmed
    Fix one thing at a time and don't go buying extra stuff you don't need (like FSUIPC).

For the yoke, throttle and rudders you need no software to get basic functionality. There is no reason you should not be able to use the rudder in FSX unless it is broken (very unlikely). You say setup is lost when you restart the game but this should not happen. Most likely you unplugged your controls from the USB ports, in which case FSX will guess what they are when you plug them back in and set default mappings. Most likely some of these will be wrong. So once you have programmed them, don't unplug them.

For the radio, multi and switch panels, have you tried running the test program for each of these panels? If a panel works with the test program and not with FSX the most likely explanation is you are simply not running the driver program. When you install each of the panels an entry is supposed to be inserted in a file called exe.xml so that the driver runs automatically with FSX. You can google how to fix that, but you can also try running the driver program manually instead.
    MarkH

6. Default

...The other components do light up briefly when I turn the computer on, but then go dark (radio, multi, switch and instrument panels)
    Your symptom suggests the panels/FIP are not communicating with FSX as Mr. Hurst pointed out.

...other say don't use the Logitech drivers.
    I will have to agree with this. I have 14 FIP's, 3 Radios, 1 Multi Panel, and 1 BIP. They ALL work fine with the original Saitek drivers. I recently tried the newer Logitech drivers myself and got the same issue where the panels don't communicate with FSX. Re-installed the Saitek and BAM! they are all working. The Logitech drivers don't inject themselves properly during installation into FSX like the Saiteks do. You can do some editing with the Logitechs or just install the Saiteks and be done with it.

Still available here...

http://www.filewatcher.com/b/ftp/ftp...re/full-3.html

I use...

FIP
    Saitek_Pro_Flight_Instrument_Panel_7_0_47_1_x64_Software.exe

Multi/Radio/Switch Panel (Install only once for all three)
    Saitek_Pro_Flight_Panels_00000003_Software_pfw.exe

FSX Plugin (This contains the displayed gauges for the FIP's)
    Saitek_Pro_Flight_FSX_Plugin_7_0_50_1_x64_Software.exe

If you try them, be sure to UNINSTALL the Logitech drivers first.
    Last edited by dogdish; 03-09-2018 at 03:11 AM.
    Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64gb 2666, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, WD VelociRaptor 250gb and 1000gb, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, CM Cosmos S, Logitech M570/K800 Wireless Trackball/Keyboard, Windows 7 64 Ultimate

You don't say what operating system you are on but I am guessing Windows 10. Saitek panels get turned off in Windows 10 registry. Trust me I battled this also.

Go here and get this tool. The USB Enhanced Power tool. Plug in your devices and run this tool as administrator. It will fix your registry so that Windows 10 does not shut off the power to your panels. Follow the onscreen instructions.

http://uraster.com/en-us/products/us...rdisabler.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by mrzippy View Post
    1. Welcome to the "World of Crazy"!

1a. Are you plugging all of those USB devices into your computer console? Not a great idea. Get yourself an inexpensive "powered" USB hub and plug it all into that.

2. Look into the possibility of using the paid version of FSUIPC to program all of your "goodies".
    Once again Mr Zippy has probably located the cause of your issues!!Every device whether onboard or usb requires an exact number of watts to operate. In today's world multiple USB ports are often loaded up. When that happens all those USB devices suck their required wattage from the main processor frame rails. When that happens the voltage on the frame rails sags trying to supply the needed watts to everything on the main-frame. With low voltage excess amps are required to provide the watts required. Excess amps means hugely excess temperatures!!

Bottom Line!! If you have more than one or at the most two USB devices attached to your computer YOU REALLY NEED TO SPEND THE $20 OR LESS AND BUY A POWERED USB ADAPTER!!!!

And a paid FSUIPC will also handle many if not most of your usb issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Rupert View Post
    Bottom Line!! If you have more than one or at the most two USB devices attached to your computer YOU REALLY NEED TO SPEND THE $20 OR LESS AND BUY A POWERED USB ADAPTER!!!!
    I don't have all the specs to hand, but each of these devices will load up your USB port with about 100mA (the radio panel is rated at 140mA, which is probably on the high side as it has all those LEDs). Any USB2 port must be able to supply up to 500mA (it's the standard), and most motherboards provide 10+ USB2 ports. There is nothing wrong with plugging your Saitek devices into separate USB ports. You don't need a powered hub until you run out of USB ports.
    MarkH

The thing is that name-brand off-the-shelf systems often have power supplies that will just handle the system plus the mouse and keyboard that comes with it, and not much more.

Play it safe and comfortably and connect all USB devices through powered hubs, it's worth the (cheap) price.

Jorgen

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast