FSXWX problems???

• 1 month later...

Old thread, but had a separate issue under the same program.

I do long haul flights and quicken up the simulation rate to 16x sometimes. While FSXWX is running in the background, the sim stutters and freezes for a good proper minute before continuing only to freeze in less than a minute later again. Is there any solution to this? It's really annoying and just adds more time to complete the flight.

Old thread, but had a separate issue under the same program.

I do long haul flights and quicken up the simulation rate to 16x sometimes. While FSXWX is running in the background, the sim stutters and freezes for a good proper minute before continuing only to freeze in less than a minute later again. Is there any solution to this? It's really annoying and just adds more time to complete the flight.

Wait until you get the stutters while hand flying the 172 right at the flare in a crosswind! That makes for an ugly landing. I wish there was a fix for it, but my guess is that it's deciding if and where it needs to redraw the clouds and any other weather related scenery and then change the winds.

that's only happened a couple of times, but I get the shakes a lot when I'm over flying a VOR or a checkpoint and trying to change heading and/or altitude.

Wait until you get the stutters while hand flying the 172 right at the flare in a crosswind! That makes for an ugly landing. I wish there was a fix for it, but my guess is that it's deciding if and where it needs to redraw the clouds and any other weather related scenery and then change the winds.

that's only happened a couple of times, but I get the shakes a lot when I'm over flying a VOR or a checkpoint and trying to change heading and/or altitude.

Oh I've experienced something worse. 0_o Got the stutters right as I touched down on a POSKY B747-400 in gusty conditions -- NOT FUN.

So, has there not been any official fix to these stutters?

I guess shutting FSXWX off during 4+ hour long haul flights seems to be the only fix. I don't really get the stutters during shorter flights. Either that or keep on reloading the program, which is a real PITA. :/

You said you like long haul flights.

But you set sim rate to x16 speed, so the flight takes only two or three hours. That means in fact you don't like long flights at all.

You like flights that take two or three hours. Well, then pick a destination that is about 1000NM away or so, and fly at normal sim rate.

At 16x you will get stutters. No matter if you use FSXWX, with any other (weather) Addon, and even with no Addons at all.

Not a "fault" of FSXWX at all.

Btw, at 16x sim rate you should be worried not about stutters but about seizures... Be careful with that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not sure how you interpreted that. I love long haul flights, but if any of them take up a good chunk of my day and I am able to use the fast forward feature to shortcut through the flight duration, then why not?

Btw, at 16x sim rate you should be worried not about stutters but about seizures... Be careful with that.

I've used the PMDG 737 aircraft on a long haul flight, and also other payware aircraft and sped up the sim -- no lags/stutters at all. Same thing with no add ons whatsoever in the sim when I had it fresh. Had no stutters at all. The stutters have only been happening since I've installed FSXWX, which was a week ago compared to no stutters at all for the 2-3 years I've been using FSX with payware aircraft + speeding up the simulation rate.

And besides, it's not just the sim being sped up that supposedly causes the stutters. I've experienced it with the normal simulation rate as well, just that it's more severe when I do happen to do long haul. :D

Oh and there are plenty of discussions on the FSXWX forums that I only discovered recently about the stutters, so it's apparently a very well known issue.

it happens with any weather addon.

they inject the new updated weather every 20 or so minutes. When they do, weather gets reloaded and injected into the sim.

causing what you call "stutter". especially at 16x speed you will see this.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 year later...

Not working tonight 8.7.20 21:29 Anyone else experiencing this?When the program opens I get this:

simconnect established

FSUIPC established

wxDATA initial download failed

CONNECTION CLOSED

Berlopez

Edited by berlopez

• 3 weeks later...
In defense of FSXWX, my Version 1.6.1 stopped working as well. After reading these comments, I checked my system and concluded the server "change" must be the answer. I thought how would one get a new server address and simply tried downloading Version 1.6.2. I'm back up and flying in the current weather! I guess the upgrade got me the server's location?

• 2 years later...