FSXWX problems???

I would suggest you get yourself a good weather programme, REX,active sky, whatever tickles your fancy. It brings a huge enhancement to your sim, and you won't be reliant on the default weather where the writing appears to be on the wall. I've had REX for about six years now, they are constantly updating and adding service packs.

Thanks. I believe FSXWX is a "good" weather program - I am ot refering to the default weather - and have been happy with it for many years. Activesky made my sim look like a cartoon. FSXWX makes my weather look like what I see out of the window. So, I prefer it! :-)

Is FSXWX a weather addon or are you referring to FSX's weather engine? If so, the default weather engine is not all that good.

Is there something that uses VATSIM weather for its servers? I use Active Sky Evolution and have its settings set to download from the VATSIM servers. But I had a hiccup once and I'm wanting a backup.

Is FSXWX a weather addon or are you referring to FSX's weather engine? If so, the default weather engine is not all that good.

FSXWX is like FSrealwx lite. It's a freeware weather program, but the site seems to be down and also the servers.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I'm really bummed by this. I can't afford a payware weather engine at the moment. I downloaded and tried FSrealWX lite but it appears to no longer be supported. I couldn't get it working at least. :(

My version of FSRealWX lite is still working fine. Haven't used it in over 3 years. I setup my flight KSFO to KSAN and it downloaded the weather info from 208 stations. Be sure to start your flight first, minimize FSX, then start the weather program. You also need FSUIPC.

FSRealWX lite.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I use the latest version of FSRealWX pro and it's working fine for me. The website says the purchase of and downloads have been suspended until version 3 is released. So apparently they are working on it still. Lite hasn't been supported in quite some time. I'll stay with it till it proves to be no more.

Up till now an update for fsxwx came out very regularly.

I expect that a new working version will appear. (soon)

maybe send a message to the developer. I haven't checked the fsxwx site in a while, but I think there is some info there on where to send a message.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have the free FSWX as well, but stopped using it awhile back and went to REX instead. Why? Because I hated FSWX's winds. My Carenado Hawker would get these wind shifts that bounced it like a basketball. 4-6 degrees off course. Then BAM another wind shift back on course. Very annoying. Yes, winds aloft were checked off.
CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

keep-calm-and-v1-rotate.png

Sorry, I just couldn't resist...

:p :D :cool:

Have fun all!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

• 2 months later...