I'd like to test some memories

Luckypup

In November of 1960 I came back from my tour in Korea. The ship docked in San Francisco and there was a bus waiting to take us to the airport. I told the young man at the counter that I wanted to go to Kansas City. Well, it was Thanksgiving/Christmas season and all the airlines were booked up pretty tight but he routed me from SF to Dallas. In Dallas I caught a Braniff DC-3 and went to Ft. Worth, Oklahoma City, Wichita and finally KC.

I remember the Braniff flight and the DC-3 quite well but my question is: What airline might have been operating a flight from SF to Dallas. All I remember is it was a four engine airliner, either a DC-4 or DC-6.

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived