problem with fs2004 and windows 7

waymon

Hi all I tried to find this problem in the forum to no avail.

When I try to move the ATC window from the middle of the screen flightsim locks up

everything else seems to work fine. Can anyone help? Don't like FSX so no not going there;)

Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7 GHz /Graphics: Red devil RX6800XT 16GB /MB: X570 Gaming WiFi / ram: 32GB@3600 MHz /500GB M.2 Drive /1TB SSD /3-Asus 27" Displays.

Why try to move it then? Why not just leave it until you don't want it anymore and then close it? Out of curiosity I will now open FS9 and see if it is even possible to move it; I never tried.

Hello Roger

Some fine Mr Spock logic there 😂

However you should be able to move or resize your atc window without the sim locking ,so something is wrong and it would be preferable to fix it ,as other problems could arise.

I always move my atc window to top left of the screen and then reduce it to its smallest workable size.

This flight along with other alterations will then be saved as a 'COLD' flt ,so each time it's loaded the ATC window will be in its new location and with its new size without you having to change it each time.

Anyways you certainly should be able to move your atc window without the sim locking .

Someone more tech savvy should be able to help.

Thanks Andrew

That's just what I did when I was using windows xp, move it to the left and reduce it. I think its my video card I'll disable it and see. Thank you guys for responding.
Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7 GHz /Graphics: Red devil RX6800XT 16GB /MB: X570 Gaming WiFi / ram: 32GB@3600 MHz /500GB M.2 Drive /1TB SSD /3-Asus 27" Displays.

I don't like it right in front of my face and it's a sign that there's a bigger problem somewhere.

I found out what is causing the problem, It's the Eaglesoft Cessna citation x but I don't know why it's doing that, I've uninstalled it reinstalled it but the problem persist. All other plains work fine. any ideas anyone?

Hi I have installed 2004 a lot for other simmer I and finding now that the disc's are suffering age symptoms which then tend to give the type of problems you are experiencing.

I then downloaded a FS2004 ISO torrent. burnt it to a DVD bingo sorted, never a problem now, and the DVD runs none stop without the need to change the CD or click next. Sorry I cant send a link but my laptop went terminal and I lost it.

Howard

Web : http://biggles11.wix.com/the-natural-world

Mail : biggles11@btinternet.com

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004916148824 (Sorry No Friends please)

Hi I have installed 2004 a lot for other simmer I and finding now that the disc's are suffering age symptoms which then tend to give the type of problems you are experiencing.

I then downloaded a FS2004 ISO torrent. burnt it to a DVD bingo sorted, never a problem now, and the DVD runs none stop without the need to change the CD or click next. Sorry I cant send a link but my laptop went terminal and I lost it.

Howard

Web : http://biggles11.wix.com/the-natural-world

Mail : biggles11@btinternet.com

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004916148824 (Sorry No Friends please)

I will give that a try Thanks

Or just copy a fresh FS9 install, maybe with your favourite scenery & planes (payware stuff could be problematic) onto a portable hard drive or memory stick.

Then, copy &Y paste this into whatever PC, preferably in C:\.

Right-click the FS9.exe & 'Send to desktop'

Then, download & run Flight1's Registery Repair tool to tell the operating system's registry where FS9's exe is.

Howard.... TNW2018?

'

Well the problem is the eaglesoft citation x v1.0. I've tried all other aircraft and that's the only one that locks up fs. and it only lock up the fs when I move the atc window I have the 2.0 version of that aircraft and it works fine. I'm still trying to learn to controle that S.O.B so I'd like to fly the version 1.0 until then.

I've even installed a different copy of the v1.0 and still the same thing. HELP!!!!!

If there's a version 2 available it means problems like this one with version 1 needed to be fixed! Use the version 2 instead!

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I would first suspect an issue with vid drivers.

Right my thoughts also.

Thanks everybody for your comments I really appreciate them. I will figure this out.

• 1 year later...

Hi All!

Piggybacked on this thread, so hope I'm in right place!

I have had FS2004 for some time, but after upgrading my PC to Windows 10, never could get it working. I'm now running all my work stuff on a Mac, so I did a clean install of Windows 7 on my PC. With quite a bit of difficulty, I have FS2004 working well on the PC with Windows 7.

However, any time a click on one of the instructional videos, it plays for about 2 seconds, then FS crashes.

Everything else in FS seems to be working fine, so I am SO reluctant to make any major changes to the setup.

Any suggestions?

To get FS2004 working, install into C:/ NOT into its default Program Files directory

Install the 9.1 update as well as the 9.1 nocd patch.

Right click the FS9.exe, select Properties, select the Compatibility tab then select XP mode.

Then select Run as Administrator.

Apply & Ok

Then, right click the exe again, and Send To Desktop, replacing the existing desktop icon, if any.

FS2004 will run perfectly.

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

The instructional videos don't work in the newer operating systems so this is normal. You can still play them directly from the game folders using an external video player.

If you install FS out of program files it should run with no need to use admin or anything else. I've run on Win 7 and Win 10 with no need to change any compatibility settings.